Home Range, or Home on the/at the range......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I tried to locate the "post some pics of your home range thread and couldn't find it....

About three years ago we decided we wanted a deer camp/gun range/drink bourbon on the porch while watching the sunset kind of place...This fell into our laps for less than a used truck....We have been working on it for three years, spent some money but stayed within budget and we now have a place in the middle of Hoosier National Forest we can be at in less than an hour....The house is late 19th century and I step out the back door to hunt....I thought I would share a few pics with INGO....

I have other targets that I hall out when mammynun and mrs mammynun come up with the heavy artillery....:)

This was a dream I have had since I was a child...Not of yachts and sports cars but of just a little place in the country where my daughter (who is autistic) and my self can just be ourselves......Freedom isn't free but it's a lot more affordable than you think...Plus at least two days a week, Kalboy, Gunaria, and john the plinker are my neighbors.....:)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    We (Mrs Mammynun and I) are still on the lookout for something like your place... Hell, I even bought a lottery ticket this morning! Not the best plan, I know, but I was feelin' lucky!

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    We (Mrs Mammynun and I) are still on the lookout for something like your place... Hell, I even bought a lottery ticket this morning! Not the best plan, I know, but I was feelin' lucky!

You don't need to be rich to find similar for peanuts!
    Find your counties you would like to live in and pay attention to the tax auctions, got my property for 25,000 and put another 2k into the roof for under 30k I have a beautiful(to me)2 bedroom house..house Sat vacant for about 2 years and it still needs work, but I'm on 4 acres with my own range and I can hunt,raise my chickens and be left alone...negatives are it's a long drive to anywhere and its only accessible by 4x4. But I'm living my dream and starting my homestead little by little!
    My neighbor did similar but they simply bought a plot and threw a 5th wheel on it. It can be a real PITA process with searching and putting your bid in but it worked for me.

Top Bottom