• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The system is completely customizable. I trust my locks while I am home and awake. My Home mode is set up with all sensors active and no delay and that is what is set while I'm sleeping. My Away mode is all sensors active with a 30 second delay.

I'll have to look into it more than, but the manual stated motion sensors were not active in home mode. Can you tell me how to change that or direct me to a link?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'll have to look into it more than, but the manual stated motion sensors were not active in home mode. Can you tell me how to change that or direct me to a link?

When you program the system with your computer, you can turn each registered sensor on or off in either Home or Away mode. You can also set the delay time between sensor activation and alarm initiation. You can set the exit delay for the Away mode; there is no "exit delay" allowed in Home mode.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    When you program the system with your computer, you can turn each registered sensor on or off in either Home or Away mode. You can also set the delay time between sensor activation and alarm initiation. You can set the exit delay for the Away mode; there is no "exit delay" allowed in Home mode.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I've recommended simplisafe several times and with more than satisfactory results

as already mentioned if it's the discount you're after find the cheapest that meets the requirement

IRIS hub has it's limitations and an additional $10.99 to open all the features

depending on your computer savvyness - the best hub on the market is Smartthings , it runs zigbee and z-wave, several bluetooth products and will even connect with amazon echo device - this hub will allow you to make your home a "smart home" however nothing is monitored externally - the only monitoring is via your smart phone (and others linked to your system ie: wife, kids etc) . Lights on and off when you arrive or when you leave or @ certain times of day, auto set for home, away, or night. Add contacts to entry points and on and on and on - but the biggest drawback (for non techy not so savvy computer users) is actually learning how to use it, set it up and connect devices, but once past the learning curve its pretty #$#$ing cool to have your garage door open when you approach a stop sign a block away, disarm the alarm and turn on entry lights for you. Or when it sends you text that there is motion near your gun safe, the alarm is triggered, deadbolts lock and now the outside lights are flashing.

the possibilities are endless - some useless - some very convenient and some we can't live with out

good luck

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Smartthings sounds interesting--nice that the hub is "agnostic" and plays with other brands.

I'd like to get some external cameras tied to some interior sensors, without the recurring monitoring cost, so this may be an option (so many, and so much variability in $$).

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I just ordered my Simplisafe system and am looking forward to getting it set up. However, the question I have is about an alarm permit. Are these required in Marion County? The email I received from Simplisafe said that I would need one, but I can't find any information on any of the city's websites that mentions one. I know I have seen decals in windows, but that's about it. I was given phone numbers to call via the Live Help on the IN.gov page, but they either went to voicemail or it was just the wrong number.

I can not find a definitive answer. Does anyone here know where to find the info?

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    We have a bloodhound outside that has a hell of a horn on him. The loud "WOOOOOT" wakes up another dog on the inside that is 80lbs (and still growing) and half wolf.

ADT. Another Dead Thug.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just ordered my Simplisafe system and am looking forward to getting it set up. However, the question I have is about an alarm permit. Are these required in Marion County? The email I received from Simplisafe said that I would need one, but I can't find any information on any of the city's websites that mentions one. I know I have seen decals in windows, but that's about it. I was given phone numbers to call via the Live Help on the IN.gov page, but they either went to voicemail or it was just the wrong number.

I can not find a definitive answer. Does anyone here know where to find the info?

You do not need a permit in Marion County. The certificate available on the website after your system is set up can be used for an insurance discount, if your company gives one.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    You do not need a permit in Marion County. The certificate available on the website after your system is set up can be used for an insurance discount, if your company gives one.

I have been told yes and no, both by people with alarms and by someone on the other end of the Live Chat on the IN.gov web page.

I might end up at the City County building on Thursday to finish up my wife's LTCH paperwork, if I do, I will see if someone there can give an official answer. It's not that I don't believe or trust the legitimacy of your answer, but I have seen "Alarm Permit" tags in windows all over the county, but, at the same time, can't find anything regarding the matter with a simple internet search.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I thought only commercial buildings required permits.
    If you find out otherwise, please let us know.

I did just find this, so maybe all of the alarm permit stickers I have seen in my sub-contractor travels around the county are old and pre-2000?

INDIANAPOLIS—Approximately March 20, 2000, the city of Indianapolis/Marion County, Ind., will enact a new ordinance requiring alarm company dispatchers to electronically transfer data to the police department.
    The new ordinance, which was passed on Nov. 29, 1999, eliminates alarm permits. Details of how the transfer of data will take place between central stations and law enforcement have still not been determined. The new Indianapolis chief of police will soon be appointing an alarm agent, who plans to meet with industry representatives to iron out the details.

Top Bottom