• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    For those who don't know (I didn't) there is an HS exercise being run out of Muskatatuk right now. I ran into a very talkative Chemical Corps Captain at our AASF yesterday who told me about his unit, which is a composite wmd response company. It is a joint force with Army Guard decon detachment, Air Guard radiological detachment, and an engineer detachment. Their job is primarily evaluation and response to a wmd incident. If you look at the original Military.com article referenced in the original post, it describes, in general terms, these units and their mission. The mission doesn't include rounding up the civilian population - which is what this thread has morphed into.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The mission doesn't include rounding up the civilian population - which is what this thread has morphed into.
    Well of course it doesn't and any time you have a government calling the patriotic among its citizens "domestic terrorists" followed by titling a thread " Homeland Response Forces are descending upon Missouri and nine other states" WTF do you expect to happen to it?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Well of course it doesn't and any time you have a government calling the patriotic among its citizens "domestic terrorists" followed by titling a thread " Homeland Response Forces are descending upon Missouri and nine other states" WTF do you expect to happen to it?

Don't forget that the MSM doesn't necessarily line up behind the Federal Gov't - only when their folks are in power, apparently.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    From the DOD article:
    One unit will be based in each of the 10 Federal Emergency Management Agency regions. The units are scheduled to have 570 Guardsmen, and each will have a medical team, a search and extraction team, a decontamination team and very robust command and control capabilities, officials said.
    So this force, according to some, has grown from the stated 570 guardsmen, spread over 10 regions (57 a region,) to a force capable of taking and controlling the whole of the US.

That would have to be every single local cop, state police officer, federal cops, active & reserve military, PLUS "highly trained" UN troops.

When was the last time you saw "highly trained" UN troops doing their thing? What incident in what country have they not mostly just sat around and watched the festivities, while some of their own were raping and robbing the local population?

I don't think a majority of all that force would be convinced to follow un-constitutional orders. Sure, some would, but most probably wouldn't.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, the whole worlds monetary situation is sliding down hill. The G20 are all in the same boat, massive debt, promises they can't fulfill, and no place they can borrow from.

Who's going to pay the troops when the dollar has little or no value due to all this happening?

And for the "take over of Indianapolis", you forgot to include the donut counties in this scenario.

And not everyone who owns a gun has a LTCH.

And if you think anyone would go up against the NG with just a Glock, and no plan, you're sadly mistaken.

And how well do those sonic things stand up to a .308 or such. Bet you could crack that dish real easy with a couple of well placed, long range shots.

And how many roadblocks are going to be manned by 100 NG?

Sure, you could move troops in, and for a very short time have control over the city. But if it's a choice between liberty or slavery, liberty or death, I know what I and most armed people I know will do.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And for the "take over of Indianapolis", you forgot to include the donut counties in this scenario.
    No I did not forget about them when I was throwing Numbers out. I wanted to keep the numbers manageable... :D
    And how well do those sonic things stand up to a .308 or such. Bet you could crack that dish real easy with a couple of well placed, long range shots.
    Actually for the most part they are useless on any one over the age of about 20. At that time in your life you are deaf enough to counter the effects. Or you could just put on hearing protection... ;)
    And how many roadblocks are going to be manned by 100 NG?
    With a 100 soldiers, 2 maybe 3 roadblocks is all. And that is if you are dealing with a fairly docile population who does not want to resist... :D

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    The National Guard - DoD, Guard establish eight Homeland Response Force units

DoD, Guard establish eight Homeland Response Force units

By Jim Garamone
    American Forces Press Service

A member of the Alaska National Guard 103rd Civil Support Team collects a sample during a training exercise. The 103rd Civil Support Team mission is to assess hazards, advise civil authorities, and facilitate military support during emergencies and incidents of suspected weapons of mass destruction. (Photo courtesy of the Alaska National Guard)
    external.gif
    download hi-res photo
    WASHINGTON, (7/12/10) - Eight more homeland response force units will be established in fiscal year 2012, Defense Department and National Guard Bureau officials said here today.
    The units are regional forces that will cross state lines when needed. They are part of a restructuring of the nation's chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive consequence management enterprise.
    Massachusetts (supported by Connecticut and Vermont), New York (supported by New Jersey), Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, Missouri, Utah and California each will host a homeland response force unit.
    One unit will be based in each of the 10 Federal Emergency Management Agency regions. The units are scheduled to have 570 Guardsmen, and each will have a medical team, a search and extraction team, a decontamination team and very robust command and control capabilities, officials said.
    The units are arranged in such a way that they will be able to drive to the site of an event within 12 hours, which represents a dramatic improvement in response time and life-saving capability to the previous construct, Guard officials said.
    The units will be key elements of the new Defense Department chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive consequence management enterprise. The enterprise also will include a defense CBRNE Response Force, two consequence-management command and control elements, 57 weapons of mass destruction civil support teams and 17 CBRNE-enhanced response force packages.
    When not deployed for consequence-management operations, unit personnel will focus on planning, training, and exercising at the regional level.
    The forces are part of a larger reorganization of the Defense Department's domestic consequence management enterprise recommended in the 2010 Quadrennial Defense Review.
    This reorganization will ensure DoD has a robust ability to respond rapidly to domestic CBRNE incidents while recognizing the primary role that the governors play in controlling the response to incidents that occur in their states, Guard officials said.
    Also, the Department has selected Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Kentucky, Nevada, Oregon, and Maine (supported by New Hampshire and Rhode Island) to replace existing CERFPs that will evolve into HRFs. On June 3, DoD announced Indiana and Alabama as the hosts for two additional CERFPs to replace the Ohio and Washington CERFPs that will evolve into HRFs in FY11.

CERFPs are composed of existing National Guard units that are trained to respond to a weapons of mass destruction incident. The CERFP capabilities include: locating and extracting victims from a contaminated environment, performing mass patient/casualty decontamination, and providing medical treatment as necessary to stabilize patients for evacuation.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Um, not trying to be a buzz kill, but when was the last time you saw the government NOT screw something up? We don't have enough NG troops to sandbag a flooding town in Iowa. Everyone is overseas, or about to go back.

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    I am more worried about what would happen if the power goes out in indy, and the animals start looting everything that is not actively guarded. Big brother is retarded. But the animals are always ready and willing. It is a question of potential energy and proximity, what can blow up first? An incompetent government, or unleashed animals? Or are there those who would use the animals to convince the masses that the tyranny was needed? I belive the Czar would turn the Cosaks loose on the people, then send in the troops to "save" the people. You need to get more cynical people.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I love that Amtrak Video. I drive by it several times each month and don't see what they do. I like the new exterior fences to make it look pretty!

Honestly, I'm more worried about the incinerator on the other end of the city.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am more worried about what would happen if the power goes out in indy, and the animals start looting everything that is not actively guarded. Big brother is retarded. But the animals are always ready and willing. It is a question of potential energy and proximity, what can blow up first? An incompetent government, or unleashed animals? Or are there those who would use the animals to convince the masses that the tyranny was needed? I belive the Czar would turn the Cosaks loose on the people, then send in the troops to "save" the people. You need to get more cynical people.

I think it would be pretty difficult for some of us to get _more_ cynical.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    To those of us who play chess this looks frighteningly familiar.
    Who needs a conspiracy theory in the face of an obvious chess game?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Good luck finding Chicago with that map. From the looks of it they've placed Chicago somewhere around South Bend.

By golly! You're right! I didn't even notice that when I first looked at the map. :rolleyes:
    BUT - If THEY can't even find the place where they are supposed to be, how much danger would the loyal, patriotic, true, American citizens be in? (We could just keep directing them in another direction. :D)

Ok. Fun's over. ;) But Da Mayor (Daley) did ask for NG to help with all the gun violence there. (Or was it Daley?) But then, there aren't any guns there. :rolleyes:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Executive Order 13528 of January 11, 2010​

Establishment of the Council of Governors
    By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the
    laws of the United States of America, including section 1822 of the National
    Defense Authorization Act of 2008 (Public Law 110–181), and in order
    to strengthen further the partnership between the Federal Government and
    State governments to protect our Nation and its people and property, it
    is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.
    Council of Governors.

(a) There is established a Council of Governors (Council). The Council
    shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed by the President (Members),
    of whom no more than five shall be of the same political party. The term
    of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be
    2 years, but a Member may be reappointed for additional terms.
    (b) The President shall designate two Members, who shall not be members
    of the same political party, to serve as Co-Chairs of the Council.
    Sec. 2.

Functions. The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of

Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council to exchange views, information,
    or advice with the Secretary of Defense; the Secretary of Homeland Security;
    the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism;
    the Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement;
    the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and
    Americas’ Security Affairs; the Commander, United States Northern Command;
    the Chief, National Guard Bureau; the Commandant of the Coast
    Guard; and other appropriate officials of the Department of Homeland Security
    and the Department of Defense, and appropriate officials of other executive
    departments or agencies as may be designated by the Secretary of
    Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security. Such views, information,
    or advice shall concern:
    (a) matters involving the National Guard of the various States;
    (b) homeland defense;
    (c) civil support;
    (d) synchronization and integration of State and Federal military activities
    in the United States; and
    (e) other matters of mutual interest pertaining to National Guard, homeland

defense, and civil support activities

Five members of each party: I wonder what would happen if one of the 5 was voted out (whatever) and someone of the other party was voted in. :dunno: (One can only hope!)​

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Five members of each party: I wonder what would happen if one of the 5 was voted out (whatever) and someone of the other party was voted in
    Hope this quote clears it up for ya! I just wonder how many will turn their backs and jump parties to insure a re-appoitment. Which brings to mind another issue that grinds my gears, when a politi-critter is elected as a member of a specific party, isn't it sort of fraud to switch after the election? I say hang 'em! Political parties and partisan politics MUST be abolished.
    Section 1.
    Council of Governors.

(a) There is established a Council of Governors (Council). The Council
    shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed by the President (Members),
    of whom no more than five shall be of the same political party. The term
    of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be
    2 years, but a Member may be reappointed for additional terms.
    (b) The President shall designate two Members, who shall not be members
    of the same political party, to serve as Co-Chairs of the Council.
    This will place ENTIRELY too much power in the office of Pres. and is EXACTLY why we have 3 branches of gov to provide checks and balances. Sounds like they're only going to be governors in the beginning, then ? Also sounds like openly admitting the democratic election process will be suspended in lieu of "Presidential appointments". It is uncanny how closely this resembles a story from the Holy Bible. It also reads almost word for word the same as some stuff one of those conspiracy "nutjobs" turned me on to back in '91.....What sickens me about it is the fact that no one believes it until it is too late:( Funny how they come crawling on their knees begging for more info once they've finally awakened...

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Hope this quote clears it up for ya! I just wonder how many will turn their backs and jump parties to insure a re-appoitment. Which brings to mind another issue that grinds my gears, when a politi-critter is elected as a member of a specific party, isn't it sort of fraud to switch after the election? I say hang 'em! Political parties and partisan politics MUST be abolished.
    This will place ENTIRELY too much power in the office of Pres. and is EXACTLY why we have 3 branches of gov to provide checks and balances. Sounds like they're only going to be governors in the beginning, then ? Also sounds like openly admitting the democratic election process will be suspended in lieu of "Presidential appointments". It is uncanny how closely this resembles a story from the Holy Bible. It also reads almost word for word the same as some stuff one of those conspiracy "nutjobs" turned me on to back in '91.....What sickens me about it is the fact that no one believes it until it is too late:( Funny how they come crawling on their knees begging for more info once they've finally awakened...

So - if my current governor is voted out (I hope & pray) and the current one (might) be on the list, the *new* governor (of a different party) could be ignored and the *old* governor would still have the *honor* of retaining his position with the prez? (Did any of that make any sense?:dunno:)

Top Bottom