• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    1. Where does this nonsense come from?

2. Why is that that utter nonsense can seem believable? Says a lot about the state of affairs in our country today.
    Are you saying they can't do this or other things without warrants and such?
    i don't believe you unless you can show me proof. I believe they can, have and will do it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are you saying they can't do this or other things without warrants and such?
    i don't believe you unless you can show me proof. I believe they can, have and will do it.

TT, it is utter nonsense. You are a gun nut, yes? Look at the language of the chain e-mail:

firearms of any kind unless manufactured prior to 1878,

Dude, the person that wrote this fiction cannot even get the important year correct.

Nonsense.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Sniffing for cash...in a bank?...arghardeharharhar!

Dogs sniffing for smuggled money is not so funny at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany:

...The airport in Frankfurt, the country’s financial capital, has a trio of German shepherd dogs to help trace large sums of cash brought into the country. In 2012, seven offenders were caught on average each day, and 28 apprehensions were made specifically using dogs. By June of this year, the canine patrol had nabbed 20 offenders, the customs office said…The dogs specialize in detecting euro and dollar notes...

Germany?s Money-Sniffing Dogs Will Find Your Smuggled Cash Before You?ve Switched Your Phone Out Of Airplane Mode, Are The Porsches To Your ?79 Pinto That Shakes At Speeds Above 20 MPH, Says German Official « Dealbreaker: Wall Street Insider ? Financ

And regarding dogs sniffing firearms: (they can also sniff cellphones):

Gun Dogs: The rise of firearms-sniffing K-9s
    One of the newest trends is the use of a well-trained K-9 partner to detect firearms

....Law enforcement has also expanded the use of dogs into areas of agriculture, fish and wildlife, and even cell phone detection in prison, to name a few unique purposes. One of the newest trends that has recently surfaced and is becoming more widely accepted across the country is the use of a well-trained canine partner to detect firearms....

Gun Dogs: The rise of firearms-sniffing K-9s

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Dogs sniffing for smuggled money is not so funny at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany:

And regarding dogs sniffing firearms: (they can also sniff cellphones):

That's why I wash all of my money with dye free allergy friendly detergent :laugh:

Officer Chompy can smell anything his handler says he can smell even when it is not there but was there in an alternate dimension, ask Kirk

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    1. Where does this nonsense come from?

2. Why is that that utter nonsense can seem believable? Says a lot about the state of affairs in our country today.

Please refer the the "Ocean closed" thread.

I have something else the federal government can "sniff"!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    That's why I wash all of my money with dye free allergy friendly detergent :laugh:

Officer Chompy can smell anything his handler says he can smell even when it is not there but was there in an alternate dimension, ask Kirk

I just fart on mine :laugh:

Who want's to hold a dollar.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    We are still left with the fact that it has been done before and that I have a hard time believing that drilling would actually be necessary. I can't imagine a bank not providing themselves a 'solution' other than the physical destruction of the box, whether they admit it or not.

You have never had a safe deposit box, have you? There are two ways into that box, with the key or break the box. They aren't allowed to keep duplicates of the key so you can't claim someone accessed your box without your knowledge.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    If you have a safe deposit box and are worried about this, here's a solution.

Remove everything and put it in another, safer place. Then, put ten very well used and raggedy one dollar bills in the box. Next, add an air gun pistol, liberally wiped down with Hoppe's and gun oil to the box. Close, lock, and be on your way. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rumor mill

Someone my wife knows recently received a letter from a local bank that stated in effect:

We want our safe deposit box customers to know in advance that due to new regulations, Homeland Security will be able to come into our bank with dogs to sniff the safe deposit boxes for large amounts of cash and firearms. We want to warn our customers in advance that they should remove any large amounts of cash and firearms from their safe deposit box to prevent it from being confiscated.

It appears that Homeland Security is looking for terrorists. Supposedly some of the terrorist groups routinely hand deliver cash in order to finance their operations.
    If any of this is true, then all of the innocent citizens will now need to worry about having their property [temporarily?] confiscated, and/or dealing with any government red tape that would result.
    Has anyone else heard about this?

Oh, Dogs? From the title I was expecting to see that printcraft had posted pictures of "human" HS agents sniffing all over the safe deposit room. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You have never had a safe deposit box, have you? There are two ways into that box, with the key or break the box. They aren't allowed to keep duplicates of the key so you can't claim someone accessed your box without your knowledge.

Point taken. I am simply disinclined to believe that anyone, especially bankers, follow rules when no one is looking.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Try going through an airport in Columbia, South America, or closer to home... going on a cruise. The dogs sniff all the luggage before it's loaded on a ship, or airplane. In Columbia they stroll up & down the aisles as you are waiting for your next flight. I had a dog set right next to me one time and I thought I was toast. (even though I didn't have, or had anything on me). It turned out the officer was just setting down to take a rest.

you can have the dog treatment right here in Indianapolis at our airport. I flew out to New York last week and there was a dog being lead around after the security checkpoint and down at baggage claim when I got back.

TSA tests bomb-sniffing dogs in a select few airports - Houston Chronicle

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Even if this were true, what authority would DHS have to confiscate firearms from bank boxes unless they could prove it was stolen or illegally possessed?

Top Bottom