• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    I hope this is the right thread for this... I have alot of land around me but it is flat farmland. I want to build my own backstop for my shotgun. Are there any suggestions to do this safely? Suggestions on materials...

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    Dirt or sand... Dig the wife a Decorative pond. Use the leftover dirt for the backstop. Just make sure that there are no big rocks in the dirt.

Sand is even better.

If you are looking for something else, I used to shoot handguns into railroad ties a while ago... once they start to fall apart, find some more...

For rifle, I would say you need dirt or sand.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    A bunch of old tires. They work great as stops for shotgun and pistol calibers, plus you can staple targets on them. I use them in front of my berm, and pick up all the bullets in and just behind them for melting down.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    If the wife doesn't want a "proper" backstop, here's my idea.
    How about a shed type building, where the front are double doors the swing open forward. The back wall is railroad ties, the floor is a poured slab of concrete (keeping lead out of the ground water), and the shed is filled with sand, to stop the bullets.

Basically like semperfi211's but it would look more like a shed. And eventually you could sift the sand, reclaim the copper/lead, and recycle and recast.

Top Bottom