• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    hooray

one less scumbag to have to take care of, maybe news like this will deter others,,,,probably not

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a bit troubled by this part of the news story: Lt. James Clark, of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. "The questions we’re trying to answer: If he was in fear for his life and the life of his wife. If he was, he would be justified in this shooting.”

Exactly what part of; an intruder attempting to kick open the home owners front door does this dumbass not fully comprehend?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am a bit troubled by this part of the news story: Lt. James Clark, of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. "The questions we’re trying to answer: If he was in fear for his life and the life of his wife. If he was, he would be justified in this shooting.”

Exactly what part of; an intruder attempting to kick open the home owners front door does this dumbass not fully comprehend?

Dead men tell no tales. This means in this case, the dead man isn't able to tell the cops that he and this guy had a drug debt to discuss. The homeowner, knowing the castle laws, invites this guy over....to kill him. On top of that, the homeowners figures as long as it looks justified, he gets away with murder.

Not saying this is what happened, just saying that is why the cops investigate. Unless _you_ see something with your own eyes, don't just automatically believe the story given. It may or may not be the truth.

The only reason I bring this up is because I was told of a story of a person, who was dating or married to some lady. Well, her old boyfriend came to the guy's house. The guy allegedly left his front door wide open, saying things in a manner that would likely lead the ex-bf through the door. My understanding is that the ex-bf pretty much knew to stay out of the home, but had he went in, even after being "invited" (ie: "Come on in and lets talk this over like men" "come on in here and I will kick your @$$", etc.), chances are he would have been dead. I also somehow doubt the home owner would have been as forthcoming with the exact words that were actually exchanged.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think what he meant to say is don't kick down doors at four in the morning and especially if you have an extensive criminal record. lol. Now if the house is on fire that may be a different story. :)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Does that apply to firefighters too? I've kicked in quite a few doors in my time! And never met with..... :draw:
    When I was in high school, there were always people that talked about how they hated cops (okay, that happens out side of high school, but the event took place when I was in high school). There was this one kid named Joe who always wore a serious face and would interject and call them pussies for not hating firemen. He would then give a big speech on how they didn't do anything and if a fireman tried to save his from burning down, he'd try and give the fireman a what-for. His point? They were stupid and he said something exponentially stupid to illustrate their ignorance.

Well... it made ME laugh.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    So much for innocent until proven guilty!

Are you referring to the guy kicking down the door in this case? He seemed like he was in the process of committing a crime - BAE.

While IMO the homeowner may have been a bit hasty in firing, I don't see what he did as wrong. I personally would not have directly felt in danger until (assuming he could even or want to get in after I made my presence and intentions clear) he was in my house and also, with the laws in Indiana don't you have to be under IMMEDIATE threats? Such as a BG approaching bearing a weapon? Or does Indiana allow the interpretation of the situation like this case where it is "once you feel threatened?"
    Regardless of Indiana law, if this homeowner felt his life was in danger he has a right to defend his property and he apparently felt in danger.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Good for the homeowner. I always enjoy reading a good story like this with a happy ending.

Top Bottom