images
    :rockwoot:

here you go

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Shot in the head for just having a pellet gun? I could tell the difference between a pellet gun and a real gun from 100 yards away in the dark while looking the opposite direction. This is an unjustified shooting.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Shot in the head for just having a pellet gun? I could tell the difference between a pellet gun and a real gun from 100 yards away in the dark while looking the opposite direction. This is an unjustified shooting.

Your right. I see absolutely no difference between this situation, and someone kicking in the homeowner's door and shooting him. They are exactly the same.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Id like to take the man out to breakfast, then Im gonna wash his car and mow his yard for a month! He stood his ground, protected his property, and thats AWESOME!

If he needs drywall work done, I would be willing to help.

-MColford

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Found the comment about it still being up to the prosecutor as to whether the homeowner would be charged with a crime. I highly doubt any charges will come. Intruder wearing a ski mask with a BB gun at 2AM in the home of an 83 year old senior citizen. Yep, no doubt most of us would have responded the same way. The homeowner had every reason to believe their life was endanger and responded appropriately.

My question is what would happen if a young lady were to break into a the home and the homeowner was a healthy 25 -55 year old male? No ski mask this time. If the criminal (young lady) were shot how would the media, public perception, prosecutor look at this type of scenario?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    So if Richie dies, will McCord be charged with murder(fingers crossed)?

Great question!! Check out Exum v. State: No.?49A02-0311-CR-977. - EXUM v. STATE - IN Court of Appeals

You'll see a beautiful quote from the Court of Appeals of Indiana:

"A victim of a forcible felony or unlawful entry of or attack on his dwelling fighting back with deadly force is such a natural consequence that it has been justified by our State's legislature.   See Ind.Code § 35-41-3-2.   Furthermore, our State's constitution gives the people a right to bear arms “for the defense of themselves.”   Ind. Const.  Art. I § 32. For these reasons, we find that there is sufficient evidence that Exum should have reasonably foreseen that the crime of attempted robbery with deadly force was likely to create a situation where the death of one of his co-perpetrators from the victim's act of self-defense or defense of his dwelling would occur."

(I talked about this case in my Gun Law class last weekend, so it was fresh in my mind!)

Guy

Top Bottom