Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Don't tell CNN that guns can be used for self defense, they claim you are more likely to kill your family than need a gun for defense.

Obama needs a 'Plan B' on guns - CNN.com

Such Rambo-like defenses of home and hearth do not happen in real life, unless the home also happens to contain a meth lab. (The oft-cited statistic that gun owners draw in self-defense 2.5 million times a year is a classic of bad social science.)

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    keep posting and spreading the word about these!
    all we can hope for is that tha anti's wake up,and flush what we're poopin'!

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Don't tell CNN that guns can be used for self defense, they claim you are more likely to kill your family than need a gun for defense.

Obama needs a 'Plan B' on guns - CNN.com

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE:

The basis of the whole gun debate in the United States is the belief by millions of Americans that they need a firearm in the home to protect themselves from criminals. Testifying to Congress last month, a gun advocate named Gayle Trotter presented a vivid image of how guns might be used.

"An assault weapon in the hands of a young woman defending her babies in her
    home becomes a defense weapon, and the peace of mind that a woman has as she's
    facing three, four, five violent attackers, intruders in her home, with her
    children screaming in the background, the peace of mind that she has knowing
    that she has a scary-looking gun gives her more courage when she's fighting
    hardened, violent criminals."

Thrilling. Also wholly
    imaginary. Such Rambo-like defenses of home and hearth do not happen in real
    life, unless the home also happens to contain a meth lab. (The oft-cited
    statistic that gun owners draw in self-defense 2.5 million times a year is a
    classic of bad social science.)

This freaking CNN libtard thinks that nothing like that happens in America?, Except of course if your house is also a meth lab?

Liberalism is DEFINITELY a disease...

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I sent that article to everyone I know. So glad the second burgler might actually get something other then a slap on the wrist.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE:

This freaking CNN libtard thinks that nothing like that happens in America?, Except of course if your house is also a meth lab?

Liberalism is DEFINITELY a disease...

Maybe one day this guy will be attacked by 3 or 4 bad guys. I am positive his sharp tongue will keep him safe and secure.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Something similar happened near me. Two teens broke in to a house to rob it, and the homeowner met them inside with a gun and shot one of the two to death as the second ran away. The second was charged with murder.

I don't agree with it though. I think it's a bad way to ruin a life. Does he deserve to be convicted of something? Yes. Does he deserve to be convicted of murdering his (most likely) friend? Doesn't seem right.

If a drunk driver hits and kills someone it's manslaughter, not murder. So how is taking someone of their own free will to commit a crime murdering them? I could understand if it was coerced however.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Nice!

Same thing happened in Elkhart last year. 5 guys broke into a home, homeowner kills one, other 4 charged with murder.

Last edited:

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    How about this one?? Homeowner hears a home invasion happening from inside the home, goes outside to investigate, is approached by one of the burglars, shoots him dead. The second guy takes off. Homeowner calls police, police find second burglar, and charge HIM with murder, since his helping the first guy break into the house got him killed.

No charges have been filed on homeowner. :yesway:

Man charged after homeowner shoots, kills teen during south St. Louis burglary | KMOV.com St. Louis

This is generally the law in most states.
    If a suspect is killed in the commission of a felony crime
    his accomplice(s) can be charged with murder.:yesway:

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I don't agree with it though. I think it's a bad way to ruin a life. Does he deserve to be convicted of something? Yes. Does he deserve to be convicted of murdering his (most likely) friend? Doesn't seem right.

If a drunk driver hits and kills someone it's manslaughter, not murder. So how is taking someone of their own free will to commit a crime murdering them? I could understand if it was coerced however.

I partially agree with you. But.....The choice to have a life ruined was a cognitive thought. The act of deciding to commit the crime is the thought that ruined the life. If the punishment for the crime of Breaking and entering was fitting then the risk would not outweigh the potential benefit.
    Manslaughter is a useless charge in a DUI that involves a fatality. Most are released with in a very short time. The life ruined is not the criminal's it is the life that he takes.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I do love the invention of felony murder. How cool is it criminals get charged with the deaths of their buddies that you kill??? They try to kill you and wind up with being charged for killing their friends!!!
    The libertarian side of me wonders if that is fair, the poetic-justice loving side of me finds it hilarious.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    This is generally the law in most states.
    If a suspect is killed in the commission of a felony crime
    his accomplice(s) can be charged with murder.:yesway:

Before this thread, I did not know this was a common punishment in many states.

Honestly, I completely agree with this. When you decide that you are going to forcibly break into & enter someones home, you know the law states that a home is a man's castle, and that home is sacred enough that he is legally allowed to defend that home using deadly force. What that tells me is, if you make the choice to forcibly break into & enter someones home, you are making the conscious choice that you are willing to go into mortal combat, and have the very possible reality that if someone decides to defend that home, either you are going to die or you are going to kill that homeowner in order NOT to die.

That is a premeditated decision made, and there are consequences to every decision.

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I do love the invention of felony murder. How cool is it criminals get charged with the deaths of their buddies that you kill??? They try to kill you and wind up with being charged for killing their friends!!!
    The libertarian side of me wonders if that is fair, the poetic-justice loving side of me finds it hilarious.

Exactly. I still remember when I first learned about the felony murder rule during my first year of law school. My exact thoughts were: "Wait, what? Oh. Oh, yeah. Yeah! Cool!!!

(That's back when I thought I was going to law school to become a prosecutor... Before I learned how little prosecutors make!)

Top Bottom