• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NuthinDoin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Central Indiana
    Geez! Where is the county going to be evacuated to when they come to my house????? They'll probably have to evacuate the hog farm to my north too!!! YIKES!

WELL, OK then, I just saw that it was a box of old grenades.....so, I guess the caution was deserved for them, but what about the shotgun shells????

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I swear I saw this on Reddit - and it was being discussed there as there were training grenades involved.

I've not been able to re-find that thread.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    So, yes, February of last year. Additional info at 75 rounds of practice ammunition found under home on SW Side shows:

"A contractor was replacing pipes on Saturday and found a case of practice explosives under the home.
    Inside the box were 75 rounds of practice 40-caliber ammunition.
    A 300 foot radius was established around the home, and people in the six homes nearby were evacuated."

A contractor was replacing pipes on Saturday and found a case of practice explosives under the home.

A CASE! Call in the bxxb squad!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    75 rounds of .40? Meh. 75 rounds of 40MM? :runaway:That's a different story.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Seems that this may be a case of alternative facts, or totally miscommunicated information. Either way the MSM was involved and as such I only believe the part that I actually saw :@ya:.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    40 year old ammo? That would be (allowing for the story is a year old and I'm sure there's thread on it here somewhere from then) 1976. I was 16 years old and .40 cal was at least what, 15 years in the future? Don't think SAPD would get excited over .40 cal anyway. So likely 40 mm and a reporter that has no clue and didn't understand what he or she was told.

Also, this is the second recent thread that references a story that's a year or more old. Did Indiana run out of news or something so we have to recycle?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    40 year old ammo? That would be (allowing for the story is a year old and I'm sure there's thread on it here somewhere from then) 1976. I was 16 years old and .40 cal was at least what, 15 years in the future? Don't think SAPD would get excited over .40 cal anyway. So likely 40 mm and a reporter that has no clue and didn't understand what he or she was told.

Also, this is the second recent thread that references a story that's a year or more old. Did Indiana run out of news or something so we have to recycle?

Reruns right now, until the new season starts. ;)

ajkohne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2017
    Greenfield
    I saw this one, from what I understand they were only evacuating because the ammo had been badly corroded and they feared it come explode. Terrible reasoning seeing as 75 rounds of ammo exploding isn't going to do any damage to the surround homes if it even would explode in the first place.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The last time 75 rounds exploded, this is what happened.

[video=youtube;HZyIVVW1mFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyIVVW1mFY[/video]

Top Bottom