• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I have a question. In my recent ranting post, I was pretty upset about the condition of my kid but would you say that I am someone that qualifies for anger control? Be honest, honesty is the best policy.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't know the post or thread that you're referring to, but my opinion is that the internet was designed for ranting.

The bigger question I think is are you so stressed out that you feel that you need help with anger control? Stress is caused by your internal reaction to external events, it is completely in your hands. If you feel that you can't control your stress or your reactions to external events, it may be worthwhile to seek some help. If you aren't sure if you "qualify" for anger control, why not try some general cognitive behavioral therapy? If you have decent insurance, it can be very inexpensive and very worthwhile.

I'd also recommend the book The Myth of Stress.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    :ar15:Oftentime a good rant helps many of us clear our minds and get over some of our anger. Ii used to be you'd talk to a trusted friend or family member now you can rant to the whole community with one post.
    In my opinion it is good for the writer to get his feelings out and to see the more measured responses from those on the forum who reply.It's one of the few places where the internet helps keep us grounded in reality.
    GET IT OUT:patriot:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't know the post or thread that you're referring to, but my opinion is that the internet was designed for ranting.

The bigger question I think is are you so stressed out that you feel that you need help with anger control? Stress is caused by your internal reaction to external events, it is completely in your hands. If you feel that you can't control your stress or your reactions to external events, it may be worthwhile to seek some help. If you aren't sure if you "qualify" for anger control, why not try some general cognitive behavioral therapy? If you have decent insurance, it can be very inexpensive and very worthwhile.

I'd also recommend the book The Myth of Stress.
    Thanks jayhawk. I'm not sressed enough to need anger control. I try to manage it in times of deliberate button pushing. Sometimes it's hard to get used to being in places where this activity is promoted and getting upset is punished depending on who you are and who they know. Trying to make sense out of backwardness can sometimes get frustrating. To me, it seems like when your down on your luck is when people push the hardest. To me, it seems intentional. Like a statement I've heard come from someone: "I've done it before".:dunno: Not sure what it meant but the way an individeal is sometimes singled out, you have to wonder what their agendas are. Maybe a heart attack or stroke will grant them their policy.:dunno:

Last edited:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    There are some people here that believe if someone gets upset about anything they post then that person needs anger management. Basically they are saying if you don't think exactly like them there must be something wrong with you.

Ignore these people, whether its internet or real life just ignore them. They have their own little world and anything that doesn't fit perfectly into it is wrong.

Rant when you need to, that's the relief valve for the brain. Once its all out you feel better and the anger and frustration is gone.

Have a great weekend and enjoy Fathers Day :rockwoot:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    There are some people here that believe if someone gets upset about anything they post then that person needs anger management. Basically they are saying if you don't think exactly like them there must be something wrong with you.

Ignore these people, whether its internet or real life just ignore them. They have their own little world and anything that doesn't fit perfectly into it is wrong.

Rant when you need to, that's the relief valve for the brain. Once its all out you feel better and the anger and frustration is gone.

Have a great weekend and enjoy Fathers Day :rockwoot:
    Man,
    thanks kev. That's excellent advice. A family is very lucky to have a person like yourself.
    Thanks again!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    basicly I like it here because I can talk about stuff I just would not in person. im not a big people person so when I find a person or a group of people I come to trust I kinda just stick with them only. I dont bring in a lot of new people into my life all the time like some people do. me attending events and meeting people in person that I have met from being a member here is a big social step for me. dont get me wrong ... if asked my opinion in person I have NO problem at all telling you the truth about my opinion. i wont sugar coat it to powder your butt and make it feel better. some people like or at least respect that, some people dont. i give a **** less either way. sometimes I realize i can be wrong and if so, i will apologize. im not perfect nor am I always right, but I will fight like a cornered tiger to defend what I believe in and try to convince other people to follow me or agree with me. fighting dirty is always fair in an arguement about issues. in personal REAL life face to face, all the online issues BS stops and we are just people who can at least co-exist in the same space for a time. I can check past disagreements and attitude at the door. but online everything is fair game within the rules of the site

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    basicly I like it here because I can talk about stuff I just would not in person. im not a big people person so when I find a person or a group of people I come to trust I kinda just stick with them only. I dont bring in a lot of new people into my life all the time like some people do. me attending events and meeting people in person that I have met from being a member here is a big social step for me. dont get me wrong ... if asked my opinion in person I have NO problem at all telling you the truth about my opinion. i wont sugar coat it to powder your butt and make it feel better. some people like or at least respect that, some people dont. i give a **** less either way. sometimes I realize i can be wrong and if so, i will apologize. im not perfect nor am I always right, but I will fight like a cornered tiger to defend what I believe in and try to convince other people to follow me or agree with me. fighting dirty is always fair in an arguement about issues. in personal REAL life face to face, all the online issues BS stops and we are just people who can at least co-exist in the same space for a time. I can check past disagreements and attitude at the door. but online everything is fair game within the rules of the site

You forgot to add that you are a Sagitarius and you like long walks on the beach. ;)

You know I'm just messin with you ranger. :D I'm not really a people person in real life either. But on the interwebz, you can come out of your shell, and sometimes even vent about stuff that you wouldn't in your personal life. Rants are fine, and are usually seen as someone just "getting something off their chest" to alleviate some of the stress in their lives. It's all good. :yesway:

Top Bottom