• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    I just bought a Glock 21 from HCT. It is a very clean and very friendly shop. It appears to be a place that locals feel at home sitting on a chair and helping out the salesmen if needed. They have a nice selection of guns to include Glocks, AR's, Rifles etc... They are located at 2380 N. State Road 135, Bargersville ,IN 46106. 317-422-0102 Or www.honeycreektackle.com. They also have an archery range on the other side of the store. I did not have a lot of time to look around but there is enough gear and supplies that you could spend 2 hours looking at the guns, fishing and archery sections. I would say the rnge could go up 50 yards or so.

Give them a shout. I bought my Glock 21 for $575 on 3/22/13. One of only 2 shops that had a Glock in stock.

I hope this helps you out for a review. I like assist the mom and pops out there when I can.
    Dan Mason:ar15:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    They have some decent prices on a few guns i have found ive bought one from them, but I laughed myself out the door the other day when i saw 50 rd boxes of pmc 9mm for 30.00....they can keep that to collect dust for a while. it just makes me glad i reload.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Nice store friendly group, Jason just did a transfer for me. Like to see them get an indoor range but they do have a nice indoor arch range.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Dead thread resurrected!

Good guys....I went in there last week to drop 3 bowfishing bows off to have em do a few things and get em ready for the upcoming season. They were friendly, turned it around in a reasonable time and did exactly what we wanted for a MORE than reasonable price.

When I showed my cousin (one of the bows was his) and told him the price, his response was "well, I know where I'm going for all my stuff from now on."

I checked out the guns when we dropped the bows off...prices seemed OK for a little gun shop and ammo was resonable.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's a nice shop. I have found the staff to be very friendly. They have Fishing & Archery also, and seem to have better selection and prices on guns than Outdoorsman up the road from them. I have found them reasonable to deal with, and sometimes they have some interesting used guns with collector interest which you wouldn't find in a typical store. (The indoor archery range is actually 25 yds. and they have leagues). I won't say you will always find every gun you want, but they have a better selection than most shops (especially long guns), and it is definitely worth a trip when you have something in mind. The shops I check out in the Indianapolis area are Beech Grove Firearms, Elmore's, Outdoorsman, Indy Trading Post, US Defense Solutions, Bradis, and Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Honey Creek has the best long gun selection. I have lived other places besides Indiana, and for some reason, the long gun selection in Central IN is low. The typical shop is crates of surplus, Savage rifles, 10-22s, lever guns and the occasional tactical shotgun. Outdoorsman and Honey Creek are the LGS in the Central IN area that consistently have better selection beyond this.

Side note, if you like taxidermy, they have some very interesting mounts of various animals & fish up on the walls to look at. It's like a small Cabela's, without the crowds :):.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom