Hong Kong Protests - An example of why the 2A is important for defending freedom

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The day will come where we will have to choose between the people who want freedom and the people who make out light bulbs. Either way the boats will stop for a while.

I wish I understood this.

Must need more coffee. :D

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Perhaps as compelling (or more) than the police shooting people are the vids of black-cad protesters assaulting people who dissent from (or even just complain about) the protests.

I have to rely on translations, but some of those attacks - including setting someone on fire - are the direct result in the breakdown of the rule of law. Which is really astonishing to think can happen in someplace like Hong Kong.

Having a firearm is not some sort of talismanic protection, but its better than a stern look and harsh words against a violent group of rioters.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You will find Chinese agents mixed into protests to make them go the way they want them too.

Just like here
    Peaceful protests always include violent so called protester's inside them. I believe they are paid for doing such acts.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps as compelling (or more) than the police shooting people are the vids of black-cad protesters assaulting people who dissent from (or even just complain about) the protests.

I have to rely on translations, but some of those attacks - including setting someone on fire - are the direct result in the breakdown of the rule of law. Which is really astonishing to think can happen in someplace like Hong Kong.

Having a firearm is not some sort of talismanic protection, but its better than a stern look and harsh words against a violent group of rioters.

You will find Chinese agents mixed into protests to make them go the way they want them too.

Just like here
    Peaceful protests always include violent so called protester's inside them. I believe they are paid for doing such acts.

No movement is pure and innocent.

We are absolutely only being fed one side of this story: China bad, protesters good.

Every movement has extremism. Even the "good" movements. Can't always be chalked up to plants.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, some of the incidents looked fishy in terms of using double agents. Like when police decide to go after 1 protestor in a crowd, and there's another protester literally right next to the target, that they just ignore. That ignored guy was probably under cover.

But, some of these other vids that start out with a single individual talking to a group of protesters, and they attack the guy (or girl). That does not appear to be a false-flag kind of thing.

Regardless, the individual right to be armed becomes WAY more important than the personal loyalties of the attackers.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The day will come where we will have to choose between the people who want freedom and the people who make our light bulbs. Either way the boats will stop for a while.

Ohhhh.....
    So you're saying Chinese sailors have better ideas than we do.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ohhhh.....
    So you're saying Chinese sailors have better ideas than we do.

I'll let Act give an opinion on the chinese navy, he way more qualified than I am.;)

I figure if everybody is squabbling, nobody is building the stuff to ship on the boats.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    One of our oldest's friends who lives in HK is blaming the CIA for stirring up trouble, placing agents into the crowd to increase the likelihood of extremist behavior. My thought was "you mean the people who gave us Bay of Pigs and failed for years to take out Castro?"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    One of our oldest's friends who lives in HK is blaming the CIA for stirring up trouble, placing agents into the crowd to increase the likelihood of extremist behavior. My thought was "you mean the people who gave us Bay of Pigs and failed for years to take out Castro?"

Interesting. Do they have an opinion whether the PRC is doing the same thing the other direction?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya know, it's kinda ironic considering the protesters railing against China seem more like Antifa, than people who legitimately want freedom. For Pete's sake, they set a dude on fire the other day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems like the current level of violence is unsustainable. Either the protestors will back down or the authorities will re-impose order.

Hong Kong isn't like some "western" countries in which there is a 'normal' amount of violence. A new normal like that will not be tolerated.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Seems like the current level of violence is unsustainable. Either the protestors will back down or the authorities will re-impose order.

Hong Kong isn't like some "western" countries in which there is a 'normal' amount of violence. A new normal like that will not be tolerated.

Well, I would add a third possibility...you're assuming that the authorities can re-impose order. Maybe they can, but maybe they will try and fail. It might not go as well for the authorities as Tiananmen Square did, China and the world are both a bit different now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Unless Academi (or whatever it calls itself now) has been able to smuggle weapons into Hong Kong and train up some people, I'm not seeing what the HKers can do to stop it. At least not near term.

Long term, some kind of urban asymmetric approach would cause problems, but that would seriously trash Hong Kong's ability to do business.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I would add a third possibility...you're assuming that the authorities can re-impose order. Maybe they can, but maybe they will try and fail. It might not go as well for the authorities as Tiananmen Square did, China and the world are both a bit different now.

I don't see how you could possibly think that China would fail at restoring order in HK. China is different yes, but they still put bullets in the backs of people's heads with regularity. China doesn't keep official capital punishment numbers, but it's estimated that they kill more than the rest of the world combined.
    I have no illusions that if China decides to put the smackdown on HK, and it's unarmed populace, it will swift, bloody, and successful.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless Academi (or whatever it calls itself now) has been able to smuggle weapons into Hong Kong and train up some people, I'm not seeing what the HKers can do to stop it. At least not near term.

Long term, some kind of urban asymmetric approach would cause problems, but that would seriously trash Hong Kong's ability to do business.

I think the only thing holding them back is the concern that a vicious beatdown in HK might interfere with the ongoing project to suborn the EU

Top Bottom