• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have a lot of these, working on load development.

124gr round nose, no groove, mixed brass.

Shot some with 4.1gr Titegroup, 1.110 to get to plunk, 1111 fps avrg.

Had some leading, may be over crimping or could have been before the mouth was belled enough to not shave. Have some smoke & odor.

Anyone else shooting these with TG?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Tight Group... Nope
    Unique or Bullseye.

Summit City sells a great 9MM 124 grain Hi Tec Coated bullet that will give you zero leading.
    And for the same price you can just order Jacketed 124 grainers from Rocky Mountain.

I just ordered in a few different colors of Hi Tec coating, and maybe this weekend I will coat a few pounds of wadd-cutters to figure out how its done.
    Next will be to order a automated sizer from Dan Dix to eliminate that drudgery.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Sorry for not putting it in the OP, they are coated.

I cleaned the gun & it wasn't as bad as it looked at the range, quick clean & good to go.

Measured a couple at .357 or .358

Looking to load a bunch of these up to squirrel away & would really like to use Titegroup as I have a bunch of it.

I have several K 124fmj on the way & more on my shelf to load up for my primary loads.

Currently loading on the Dillon 650.

Working on getting the automated S1050 set up to process .223 brass, then load a few buckets of it, then move on to 9mm.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Do you have any other pistol powders besides Titegroup to try with that 124 coated bullet? If so it would be interesting to see if you get better results. Those two just might not like each other. I have never had any issues with Titegroup on fmj's.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hodgdon online tells me 3.6 - 4.0 for TiteGroup with 125 grain lead. I have found the online reloading manual to be good. If you have a chronograph I suppose load a bunch at 3.6 - 4.0 and figure out which one gives you 1050 fps. I bet it will work.

I have not messed with TiteGroup. Been told it burns hot and makes a mess of lead. Don’t know if that is true.

I have been loading the coated Hoosier bullets and Bayou bullets with the lube groove. So the older bullet style. 4.2 grains of HP-38/Win 231. 1.25”-1.3” OAL. They run in all my guns and accuracy is good.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Sorry for not putting it in the OP, they are coated.

I cleaned the gun & it wasn't as bad as it looked at the range, quick clean & good to go.

Measured a couple at .357 or .358

Looking to load a bunch of these up to squirrel away & would really like to use Titegroup as I have a bunch of it.

I have several K 124fmj on the way & more on my shelf to load up for my primary loads.

Currently loading on the Dillon 650.
    HOT
    Working on getting the automated S1050 set up to process .223 brass, then load a few buckets of it, then move on to 9mm.
    Due to the so-called "HOT" Flame of Titegroup, for ME, I do NOT load plain/lubed cast bullets above it..??
    Again-for-ME==Only jacketed, plated above Titegroup...Bill.
    PS: I should add, I DO load Powder Coated Paint projectiles above Titegroup..

Top Bottom