• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    This place is so big, I was wondering what access points are best, interested parts of the Forestry, etc. I've never been there so im kind of in the dark. Any tips, heads' up, etc are greatly appreciated.

Also, myself and a friend are trying our luck with some primitive camping. I've never camped with limited resources, so it will be a fun challenge. I'm also going to test out some gear, and to find out what a guy really needs, and what he really doesnt. Any advice here would be well recieved too. Thanks!

I plan to post results and gear review as well, IF or when I return....:dunno:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I just spent the weekend at hoosier deer hunting. We camp at hickory ridge horse camp and the only thing they have there is a bathroom. No electricity or water. Also there is plenty of places on the gravel roads in the forest that you can pull off and camp

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Know the land well. There's lots of private property mixed in. Other than that, find a spot, camp there, and hunt. Scout it beforehand ideally.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Dry leaves, quite abundant this time of year.:):

Not sure this is the best season to start your camping experience, depending on how primitive you want to make it...

I've got a military mummy bag in a compression sac thats the warmest bag ive ever had, so I'm good in that department.

Top Bottom