• ...and so much more!
  • tlaked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2022
    wayne co
    Hello
    A few years ago I aquired a Savage Axis Hoosier rifle. Of course, now that round is irrelevant due to the changes in Indiana regs. Has anyone talked to someone who owns one and what are they doing with them? Mine was acquired on a trade for a skid loader and never fired. I do have a few rounds for it but from what I can tell rounds are hard to get.
    I have posted this same question on another forum so if you saw that one you are not imagining it!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Every blue moon Bobcat Armament in Shelbyville makes that ammo (typically near deer season). They usually post it on Facebook and it doesn't last too long on the shelves.

tlaked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2022
    wayne co
    It's only irrelevant if you have private ground to hunt. Its still very useful if you are a public land hunter.
    Thanks! I do have private land. I was wondering if some day these might be a novtelty item like a rotary dial phone. Maybe in the Smithsonian along with the 1780's dental tools...sort of thing. Maybe I should hang on to it as is and wait for it to make me rich! uhmm yeah

Damdamdon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Albion
    I have a savage hoosier. Very accurate!! Now I use it about every 2 years when I get drawn for state park hunts. I have enough reloading supplies for it, it may be only one I will have ammo for someday!!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I've thought about buying one of these but only because of it's namesake and uniqueness. I have plenty of deer hunting guns for both public and private property.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The .358 Hoosier is made from cut down .308 cases. It is a round developed specifically for deer hunting in our state.

I would keep it just as it is and think of it as my SHTF gun. Anything bad comes down, 7.62x51 brass should be everywhere...

Top Bottom