• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Some of my extended family lives in the area erased by the tornados yesterday down south.

I just got a call telling me they can't reach them, and the tornado hit the subdivision hard. My cousins have 6 in the family and her parents live 5 houses down the street.

I know the phones are down, but no luck in calling them or texting them.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Hits home pretty hard when family is involved.

Has anyone checked names of recent admissions at the local hospitals?

Hospital lines are generally pretty secure and under these circumstances
    will provide enough information or pass along extended families concerns
    to prompt a call from your family located down there if they have a patient in their care.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oops, I sincerely hope that your family has no injuries.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm watching fox, and in the background they were bagging and pulling bodies out of a pile. The weather guy didn't even catch it, as he was doing the story. When they came back, he made a comment, and the camera angle had changed.

CNN local news says they have pulled bodies out of the trees.

The city they live in is Tuscaloosa.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    128 dead

I'm watching fox, and in the background they were bagging and pulling bodies out of a pile. The weather guy didn't even catch it, as he was doing the story. When they came back, he made a comment, and the camera angle had changed.

CNN local news says they have pulled bodies out of the trees.

The city they live in is Tuscaloosa.

News this morning sounded like the carnage was horrific. F4 took a wide swath.
    Hope your family members are safe. Prayers up.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Prayers for your family, longbow. I have a friend in Tuscaloosa; she said her house was untouched, but the severe damage started just five houses down the street. WAY too close for comfort!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    They are alive!

One house with all the kids is gone, down to the slab and the parents house is missing part of the roof and one wall. They just got to the basement as the parents house was hit. They had no time to spare

The worst injuries are cuts from blowing glass and debris. Three neigbors are dead and about 50 went to the hospital. Just down the road, they say it looks like a vacuum cleaned out the place.

The warning on the TV was 3 minutes before it hit. They looked out, and ran to the parents house because it had a basement. They said in an email that the tornado was huge and parts of homes, and other stuff was spinning with the tornado as it came at them.

They said the local hospital got slammed with 500 injured within 45 minutes.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So glad to hear they got out. I just watched that video and it brought chills. Tornadoes scare me to death. Not a thing you can do about them. That was ONE WIDE AND LONG tornado too. Scary stuff too. I think it should be a requirement that all homes should be made with basements. :) We don't have one in this house and I don't like that because we also have no real safe place to go. No inner rooms on the first floor.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    They are alive!

One house with all the kids is gone, down to the slab and the parents house is missing part of the roof and one wall. They just got to the basement as the parents house was hit. They had no time to spare

The worst injuries are cuts from blowing glass and debris. Three neigbors are dead and about 50 went to the hospital. Just down the road, they say it looks like a vacuum cleaned out the place.

The warning on the TV was 3 minutes before it hit. They looked out, and ran to the parents house because it had a basement. They said in an email that the tornado was huge and parts of homes, and other stuff was spinning with the tornado as it came at them.

They said the local hospital got slammed with 500 injured within 45 minutes.

I can only imagine the utter relief you and your family must be feeling right now. Great news indeed. :yesway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad to hear your family made it ok! Houses can be rebuilt, and although some of the stuff gotten over the years can never be replaced, surviving is the most important thing.

Top Bottom