May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Time
    Thursday, December 15 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Morristown High School, Morristown Indiana

Created By
    Scott Spahr

More Info
    Lady Yellow Jackets are hosting Hoopin For Hero's a benefit dinner and game that will honor the USO of Indiana and our true Hero's. Dinner tickets are $10.00 with great speakers and following the dinner we are hosting a silent auction with many great items including Pete Rose signed Jersey, Jeff Saturday singed mini-helmet, P. Manning 8x10 singed picture, 2010 Butler autographed piece of floor. Home Generators and much more. The game will also be packed with surprises. Please come and see and support this event. Those who attends while wearing military uniform will get into the game for free.
    For more information contact Scott Spahr at 317-512-5033

I found this event and spoke with the organizer. Their goal is to raise at least $5,000 for the the USO with this event. They are in need of donations, silent auction items and sponsors to cover the cost of the girl's camo basketball uniforms they will be wearing for that night.

One additional item that is confirmed for the silent auction is four generators. If you are looking for one this may be the way to pick one up and help out.

You can contact Scott at the number above or PM me and I can contact him.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I attended the event Thursday night along with approximately 90 people. I spoke with the organizer who advised that he sold just over 100 tickets in the last week bring total ticket sells to 115.

Indiana's Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. R. Martin Umbarger attended the event along with Indiana USO's Exec Director: Doug Warnecke COL(R)and both spoke during the event. Also in attendance was SFC Marcus Vinicio Muralles's family. SFC Marcus Vinicio Muralles was killed in action in 2005 and while attempting to rescue an elite military team in Afghanistan and is from Shelbyville, IN. It was an honor to meet his family and show our support for them. His story can be found here: Ex-Shelbyville man was set to be U.S.-bound for daughter's birthday

The meal consisted of lasonia, garlic bread, your choice of desserts, salad, slaw and drink all included in the ticket price of $10. Several items were available on the silent auction including sport memorabilia, 3000w generators and various pictures. Maj Gen. Umbarger spoke with the girl's basketball teams and I believe handed out challenge coins prior to the game starting.

After the event was completed a grand total of $7,000 was raised for the USO of Indiana.

Top Bottom