• ...and so much more!
  • Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    Hornady Critical Defense 9mm Luger 115 Grain FTX Handgun Defense Ammunition

i got some in trade and really like them and just seeing what other think and get a price check on how much they run and where ? thanks

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    seeing that you are in peru / kokomo, i would try roby's bullseye outdoors or whatever it's called. (right next to the hot tub dealer) on 31.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I tried out the Hornady's and liked them, but I prefer the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P. I have had no problems with the 115gr. Hornady's through my G17. I don't buy defensive ammo from Wally World. The only thing I saw there last time I checked were Federal Premium 135gr. Hydo-Shoks. I've heard bad things about those rounds. I would stick to LGS and online shopping. Prices are probably going to be pretty standard at about a buck a piece. But remember if you buy online it may cost you more in the end with shipping rather than just picking it up at your local gun shop.

Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    I tried out the Hornady's and liked them, but I prefer the Speer Gold Dot 124 +P. I have had no problems with the 115gr. Hornady's through my G17. I don't buy defensive ammo from Wally World. The only thing I saw there last time I checked were Federal Premium 135gr. Hydo-Shoks. I've heard bad things about those rounds. I would stick to LGS and online shopping. Prices are probably going to be pretty standard at about a buck a piece. But remember if you buy online it may cost you more in the end with shipping rather than just picking it up at your local gun shop.

this is what i was wanting ! Thanks :ar15:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What gun are you shooting?

Do you possibly want the Critical Duty not the Critical Defense, but not know it yet? Critical Defense is meant more for short barreled 9mm pistols as a reduced recoil round. For a medium to full sized pistols or carbines, the Critical Duty is more of a standard 9mm load.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If your barrel is 3.5" or longer, I think you'd be better off with a heavier bullet, with greater sectional density, that will generally penetrate deeper.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    http://www.underwoodammo.com/9mmlugerp115graingolddotjackethollowpointboxof50.aspx

This is what I like::twocents:

9mm Luger +P 115 Bonded Jacket Hollow Point Box of 50 :draw:
    http://www.underwoodammo.com/images/products/detail/P1010856.JPGhttp://www.underwoodammo.com/images/products/detail/P1010862.JPGhttp://www.underwoodammo.com/images/products/detail/P1010864.JPG
    Price: $25.93
    In Stock 53
    Item Number: 135
    Manufacturer: Underwood Ammo
    Manufacturer Part No: 135
    Quantity:
    * Whole number only

site_logo.gif.jpg

Built to the tightest tolerances for peak performance rivaling and sometimes surpassing handloads in many guns. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.

Speer Bonded bullets were designed to meet stringent law enforcement standards for dependability and performance. They features Uni-Cor technology which firmly bonds the core to the jacket and virtually eliminates bullet failures. The hollow point is created after the jacket is built. This helps produce maximum expansion and weigh retention while improving bullet feeding. A great personal defense bullet.

Technical Information

• Caliber: 9mm Luger
    • Bullet Weight: 115 Grains
    • Bullet Style: Speer Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point
    • Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:
    • Muzzle Velocity: 1300 fps :D :patriot:
    • Muzzle Energy: 432 ft. lbs.

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hornady Critical Defense

I really like Hornady Critical Defense ammo, carry it in my Bersa Thunder .380 and my Ruger SR9c. The videos I watched show they have good penetrating power for 9mm they penetrtate 10 to 12 inches.

It works for me.

:draw::draw:

Top Bottom