• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have used nothing but LeveRevolution in my .44mag Marlin 1894 since it came out.
    I won't use anything else. It shoots straight, hits hard, and does what I ask of it.
    I have heard of some saying it did not perform well from their rifles, but I've had ZERO issues.

Love the stuff!

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    That's what I use in my Marlin for deer hunting. I don't know what kind of difference you're looking for, but to test it we shot hardened 2 X 4's when I first got some and it left a really nice hole. There's nothing in Indiana on two or four legs that could walk away from a well placed hole like that.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    What do you guys think of this ammo. Does it really make a difference? Seems minimal to me.

Does it really make a difference in what? Not sure what your question is.

I like it, and use it in one of my single shot rifles. Very accurate, burns a little cleaner than WWB 240gr sp.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    I am looking at the accuracy. It works great in my win 94. I can get compareable results out of win white box which I have dropped deer with without a problem.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I am looking at the accuracy. It works great in my win 94. I can get compareable results out of win white box which I have dropped deer with without a problem.

I hope the deer you have dropped were using Winchester white box hollow points, because full metal-jacketed bullets are not permitted on deer as per Indiana dnr reg.

Although this could be a grey area as that is stated when covering types of legal handgun cartridges. Therefore I could be wrong.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I hope the deer you have dropped were using Winchester white box hollow points, because full metal-jacketed bullets are not permitted on deer as per Indiana dnr reg.

Although this could be a grey area as that is stated when covering types of legal handgun cartridges. Therefore I could be wrong.

Wwb is jsp...not fmj.

On topic, the lever stuff worked well for me in a marlin 94 before I started reloading.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I could not tell the difference between it, and WWB on paper. Never tried it on deer, but the WWB 240 gr. soft tips do an excellent job on deer!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's like spray and pray out of my Marlin. Mine likes (MOA) the Mag tech.

I vaguely remember that some older Marlins have much finer grooves and prefer different bullet weights than more recent ones. Something about bullets over/under spinning and flying erratically. I'm too lazy to look up the relevant threads that I just know are on here somewhere, but I am sure it had everything to do with heavier/lighter bullets being accurate in newer Marlins but not in older ones with the finer rifling. Pretty sure someone with more energy and/or a better memory will be along shortly to give details.

Sorry for threadjacking, OP!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Yup, the "no fmj" rule is specifically called out in the deer legal handgun equipment section.

Where is there a "no fmj" rule for rifle?

I don't and wouldn't use FMJ on deer with rifle, but think the state's omission might be kinda sorta linked to all copper hunting bullets having been around for a while.

And, the Hornady Lever ammo seems to shoot OK, but is "warm" at best.

Last edited:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I put a cabellas scope on my marlin 44 lever , it is designed for this ammo , set the cross hairs at 50 yards and it has a dot for 100 yards and one for 150 yards, I have never used the 150 yard but the 100 yard is dead on, I've only shot 3 deer with this rifle 2 with this ammo , none of the 3 deer took more than 2 steps before dropping in their tracks. All 3 shots were less than 75 yards.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I 100% agree with Hammer24 . The ftx's do the job and are accurate , but the xtp's shoot just as good and hit ALOT harder .

I switched to xtp bullets in my muzzle loader 2 yrs ago and the difference is amazing .

Top Bottom