• ...and so much more!
  • et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    My A.P. Loader arrived! :rockwoot:
    I am stoked. It was not due to arrive until sometime in May. Still looking for accessories and supplies to load .40/.357 Sig, .45, .38 Special/7.62X39 and .223/5.56.

I admit, it was a pretty hard choice between the available reloader choices and features. Reviews were overwhelmingly positive, great online resources and I hear they have fantastic customer service as well.
    Picked it up on Amazon for..... Drum Roll, please...

$205 and change, free shipping (Amazon Prime).

I'll probably mount it on my newly build reloading bench this weekend!
    In case you can't tell, I am pretty excited...

Any advice or suggestions for a reloader noob?

F9423A33-8465-4796-85EA-D2F8F3A6BD0C-6547-0000036E05C65139.jpg

I used some of my American Express Reward points to offset the cost a bit (hence the amazing out-the-door price). I thought I got a great deal...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --pruple--
    We can never talk again now that you belong to the RED camp.
    --end purple--

Glad to hear you finally decided on a brand/choice of press.
    Let us know how it goes for you. Don't be afriad to ask questions on INGO about the process, your press, many before you have walked that path. Be safe and take your time making ammo.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You are one fortunate dude! Half price to your door, that is amazing!

I am really pleased with mine. Shell plates for popular calibers are tough to find right now. I damaged my .223 plate with a stuck cartridge in the sizing die; I called & took the blame but Hornady sent me a replacement at no charge anyway.

When I am loading .223 I have to watch the primer plunger closely & keep it free of brass slivers that occur with some varieties of cartridges (mostly Federal in my experience). I now have a can of compressed air for that task. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_killing_my_production_aszerigan_inside.html

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    A good friend of mine has one and if I ever do buy a progressive-style press, it will definitely be just like the one pictured above.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    $205 and change, free shipping (Amazon Prime).

I used some of my American Express Reward points to offset the cost a bit (hence the amazing out-the-door price). I thought I got a great deal...

It's $470 now on Amazon. That's crazy, nice buy.

Some people have all the luck. Im not one of those people. Congrats on the great buy. That is the cheapest Ive ever heard of.

I think some of you may have missed his last text in his post. He paid out of pockey $205 becuase he used some of is American Express Reward Points to offset the actual prize amazon has it for right now. My guess is he used ~$265 in reward points to bring his total down to $205.
    :D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think some of you may have missed his last text in his post. He paid out of pockey $205 becuase he used some of is American Express Reward Points to offset the actual prize amazon has it for right now. My guess is he used ~$265 in reward points to bring his total down to $205.
    :D

That makes a little more sense.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I paid just over $500 for my press and case feeder about 5-6 years ago and got 1000 free bullets with the press. I don't think I got any free bullets with the case feeder. I bought an lnl classic kit and got 500 free bullets. It was more towards the early days of the lnl and I think hornady kept the prices as low as possible to gain market share.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I paid just over $500 for my press and case feeder about 5-6 years ago and got 1000 free bullets with the press. I don't think I got any free bullets with the case feeder. I bought an lnl classic kit and got 500 free bullets. It was more towards the early days of the lnl and I think hornady kept the prices as low as possible to gain market share.

Ill take one for the team and give you your money back:yesway:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Nice buy, man. You will love that press. Finding shellpates can be tough right now, but once you get the ones you need you'll be set to crank out a TON of ammo!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You are one fortunate dude! Half price to your door, that is amazing!

I am really pleased with mine. Shell plates for popular calibers are tough to find right now. I damaged my .223 plate with a stuck cartridge in the sizing die; I called & took the blame but Hornady sent me a replacement at no charge anyway.

When I am loading .223 I have to watch the primer plunger closely & keep it free of brass slivers that occur with some varieties of cartridges (mostly Federal in my experience). I now have a can of compressed air for that task. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_killing_my_production_aszerigan_inside.html

I have had the same problem. The same with larger grain powders (varget). The compressed air is a good idea.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    LOL, very perceptive, Jedi.
    Too bad we can no longer speak :D

I appreciate everyone's support. Jedi, you are a fantastic resource and asset to this board.

I'll be putting in my request for 500 free bullets this week! I am sure I will have questions and look forward to getting started, as soon as other accessories arrive.

Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    That's awesome! I ordered mine last week through Brownells. They had it on sale for $399. Even with tax and shipping it came out to be less than Amazon (at the time $450-ish). Also, I went through "ebates" and will be getting 2.5% back once it finally ships... so I've got that going for me. If you haven't looked at ebates and do a fair amount of shopping online, I recommend it (link below).

All my other goodies (dies, shell plates, and such) are suppose to ship between March 20 and April 20. Until then I'm cleaning brass and searching for components on a daily basis.

Good luck - Be safe - I'm off to tumble some brass...

Coupons, Promo Codes and Cash Back Savings - Ebates.com

jrclaxon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Marion
    Wow...did you get a deal. I've had mine for two years and 15,000 reloads and it looks and works like new. The nice thing about the press is the 5 stations, you can use a RCBS lockout die or Hornady's version and not have to worry about squibs.:xmad: Good luck!

Top Bottom