• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Dashman010 and I went to the show today. As we walked up we were discussing how people were generally nicer and more polite at gunshows than in the general day to day. Upon entry we went to the south wall and began traversing the aisles as this is our usual procedure. Everything was going splendidly until we arrived at one set of tables. These particular tables were directly across from the "corn dog" stand on the South wall. I had passed these tables and Dashman was admiring a Browning Hi-Power as it was in very good condition. The purveyor of this booth walked to the end of the table we were at and decided that he did not like Dashman handling his merchandise. At this point he said that not asking to handle the firearm showed that we did not respect him and, due to that lack of respect, he no longer respects us. After this diatribe he told Dashman to f__king put the gun down and f__king leave his table. At this point I informed him that he was making a mistake. My words seemed to do little to asuage the anger that the man felt about being disrespected. Anyways there were three (3) other customers looking at his wares who instantly put them on the table and walked away.
    Now i know that some dealers are picking about having people ask before touching which I can wholly respect. But the appropriate manner to handle that is to politely request that they ask before handling and then inquire if they need help ro would like some more information about that particular item. The incorrect way to handle that is laid out above with expletives in all.
    And, again, this particular person was directly across from the "corn dog" stand. I believe he had 2 or three tables. I would highly recommend not dealing with this person.
    Thank you for reading this diatribe. I felt that it was my duty to inform the rest of Ingunowners.com about this interaction.

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Not very professional at all. From what I have seen if a dealer doesn't want you handling firearms at their table they have a sign along the lines of "ask to handle firearms" or "do not handle merchandise ask for assistance, please"

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "There's one in every crowd"

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be attending tomorrow. Maybe I'll have a couple of words with him.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    As I said above I completely understand if someone doesn't want everybody man-handling their guns. But, as a retailer/seller, you have to be curteous to potential customers. Especially ones who are wearing a hat with the logo of a statewide gun owners organization in the state where they are trying to sell guns. Hmmm bad choice of person to be discourteous to.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I usually ask. But the treatment and reaction by him were out of line. A lot of people have the signs. If I don't ask I WILL make eye contact before I pick it up to cue them in on I'm NOT trying to snake a gun.

How were his prices???? j/k

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I can understand if they don't like you touching without asking, but they could definitely be nicer about it than that. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be there tomorrow and be sure to pass that table by.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I noticed a lot more dealers had signs up asking people not to handle the merchandise this time around...seems to be a trend.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Maybe that guy had a fight with his wife last night and was in a very bad mood. Think I'll bring along some very thin surgical gloves to touch and handle any firearms there.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The last 1500 I was at a Kimber up and walked out the door with someone who did not buy it. Perhaps that concern was there. But, really, signs set expectations. And even when stressed, there is a way to do things.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The last 1500 I was at a Kimber up and walked out the door with someone who did not buy it. Perhaps that concern was there. But, really, signs set expectations. And even when stressed, there is a way to do things.

guns walk out without being paid for at every show. we've had guys set up with us lose one at the last 2 shows. still no excuse for the rudeness.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Get this.....

So I'm at my table(s) at the 1500 today trying to sell some of my wares
    when this guy comes up and starts picking up my Brownings and starts
    fingering them WITHOUT even asking if it was ok :xmad: Well let me tell you.............................

I'll let this one go. :stickpoke: :evilangel: :hooked: ;) :D

He could have been having a Geritol moment.
    I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow if anyone else has a run in with the guy.
    Corn Dogs you say?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    We should get like 15 guys to rush his table and all at once without warning start handling his wares racking slides and dropping hammers...All the while complaining about his prices. Then just as fast as we grabbed them up put them all down and walk away talkin trash about poor pricing and inferior quality... LOL... :evilangel::rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We should get like 15 guys to rush his table and all at once without warning start handling his wares racking slides and dropping hammers...All the while complaining about his prices. Then just as fast as we grabbed them up put them all down and walk away talkin trash about poor pricing and inferior quality... LOL... :evilangel::rockwoot:

You sir, are evil!:D And I LOVE it!:laugh:

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Yes people steal things. But when they do I hardly believe that they pick up the guns and talk loudly with their friend about the firearm. Also if he beloved that he could have said so. My purpose in relayng this info is to make others aware of a potential bad encounter.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    If you do not want the product handled, do not put it out. That's what glass cases are for- course I never would buy from someone like that. I did not think this show was as crowded.

Top Bottom