• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I think it was deleted due to the number of complaints about it.
    as i stated a couple of posts ago, i didnt find any of them attractive so i just didnt look at the thread. no need to complain about it. kinda like when i come across a radio host i dont like. i change the station and vote with my ratings rather than call in and complain and screw it up for the people who do like it

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    as i stated a couple of posts ago, i didnt find any of them attractive so i just didnt look at the thread. no need to complain about it. kinda like when i come across a radio host i dont like. i change the station and vote with my ratings rather than call in and complain and screw it up for the people who do like it

We have a feedback system here and encourage members to use it. I was not the one who removed the thread, but I found it to be in poor taste and not in keeping with the "family friendly" atmosphere that Fenway has tried to establish here. Evidently, others felt the same way.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have a feedback system here and encourage members to use it. I was not the one who removed the thread, but I found it to be in poor taste and not in keeping with the "family friendly" atmosphere that Fenway has tried to establish here. Evidently, others felt the same way.

I'm sure some did complain. But then again, what constitutes as family friendly? That line is different for everyone. There's threads in the break room I'd never let my kids see, but the Hot Zombies thread wasn't one of them.

Just last night my daughter was talking about being a zombie for Halloween. One of the ladies my wife works with does make-up for those movies that never make the big screen... We WERE going to use that thread for reference for what kind of make-up design she would like, but it got deleted. It was nice because there were many in one place. Yea, maybe a couple were over the line, but it's not like I didn't have a mouse to scroll with.

So the question begs to be answered...

Where's the line? What constitutes as family friendly since most people's line is different?? Do the mods get to decide? Do we let a few people who complain rule the forum? Seriously. How do we as member know where that line is?

You can't say if you question yourself before you post then it's probably not appropriate because these days I always question my posts. Anything and everything is offensive to SOMEONE. :dunno:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

+1 to this.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Where's the line? What constitutes as family friendly since most people's line is different?? Do the mods get to decide? Do we let a few people who complain rule the forum? Seriously. How do we as member know where that line is?

There isn't a line. There can't be or we as mods and we as a group have no discretion. Since we can't craft a rule for every single contingency, we have to rely on discretion. In this case, a not-insignificant number of complaints were registered about the thread and after discussion, the decision was made to pull it. Had anything in the thread been a specific rule violation, infractions would have been issued.

Frankly, if you have to ask if something you are about to post is over the line, then don't post it.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Keep your kids away from the TV then. Everything on TV is worse than that stupid thread that bigum posted. I bet if there was a thread on Hot Treckies, then the people that complained would be happy.
    My :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Frankly, if you have to ask if something you are about to post is over the line, then don't post it.

Well, there in lies the problem. If there is no line, and posts are at the mercy of 20, 30, 50, 100 members, then no one should post anything. Everything is over the line because no matter what you say or do you're always going to offend someone. So the rules no longer make sense. You can post funny pictures in the funny picture thread, but they can't refer to ANYTHING political. Well, everything's political. You can post obama jokes in the obama jokes thread, but you can't refer to anything racial. Well, obama's half black, half white. Everything is, in effect, racial about every joke that features his face. Girls with guns... zombies... the list goes on.

So really, the politics and break room sub-forums should be deleted as they will ALWAYS be offensive. :dunno:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Can we please NOT start another argument about where the line is, where it should be, whether there should be a line, whether there is a line, etc., etc, ad nauseum?

I didn't complain about the thread and I thought it was pretty harmless. In fact, I've never complained about any thread or any member. However, I wondered at the time if it didn't have a little too much lustiness to last very long.

The deal is that if you want that, you don't have to come here to get it. It is definitely available.

Can we please just let the mods do their job without making an issue of their decisions? If it ever becomes much more draconian than it currently is, let's just let it go. These mods are great folks.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, there in lies the problem. If there is no line, and posts are at the mercy of 20, 30, 50, 100 members, then no one should post anything. Everything is over the line because no matter what you say or do you're always going to offend someone. So the rules no longer make sense. You can post funny pictures in the funny picture thread, but they can't refer to ANYTHING political. Well, everything's political. You can post obama jokes in the obama jokes thread, but you can't refer to anything racial. Well, obama's half black, half white. Everything is, in effect, racial about every joke that features his face. Girls with guns... zombies... the list goes on.

So really, the politics and break room sub-forums should be deleted as they will ALWAYS be offensive. :dunno:

So, we're going to have this argument again? I didn't realize it had been two months already. :rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So, we're going to have this argument again? I didn't realize it had been two months already. :rolleyes:

It wasn't an argument. It was pointing out the obvious. If you guys don't want to discuss it, fine. Not a problem. I was just trying to discuss something no one seems to want to discuss or is afraid to discuss. I realize you have a tedious task in being a mod, but sometimes you guys go too far.

And rob, I realize there are other places for these kinds of threads, but why is it so wrong to have them here to discuss and share among friends? That's just one of the points I was getting at.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It wasn't an argument. It was pointing out the obvious. If you guys don't want to discuss it, fine. Not a problem. I was just trying to discuss something no one seems to want to discuss or is afraid to discuss. I realize you have a tedious task in being a mod, but sometimes you guys go too far.

And rob, I realize there are other places for these kinds of threads, but why is it so wrong to have them here to discuss and share among friends? That's just one of the points I was getting at.

I would like a specific example of this please.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, how about the obvious one. The Hot Zombie thread. You could have just deleted those few pictures that "went over the magic line". Instead the whole thread got deleted.

Another one. No political pictures in the funny picture thread. :scratch: If you look back through that thread, there are HORDES of political pics in it, but yet, all of a sudden, they're not allowed and we get scolded for posting them.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's what I have to say about that.

Ok, how about the obvious one. The Hot Zombie thread. You could have just deleted those few pictures that "went over the magic line". Instead the whole thread got deleted.
    I did remove some "over the line" pics. I think the hot zombies are a bit in poor taste, but we let the thread go for a bit anyway. We got copious complaints, so now it's gone. We didn't go "too far".

Another one. No political pictures in the funny picture thread. :scratch: If you look back through that thread, there are HORDES of political pics in it, but yet, all of a sudden, they're not allowed and we get scolded for posting them.
    The pics in question were clearly over the line, and not of a "family-friendly" nature. This is obvious. We didn't go "too far".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom