• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    I bought one of these for each of my vehicles and an extra for my duffel bag. That way I always have a locked storage place in my car or anywhere that I stay overnight (hotel room, family home, etc) to keep out of reach of robbers and children when it is not on my person. They are inexpensive and well worth it.

In Car Gun Lockers

Probably pick one or two of these up for keeping in the car/hotel room then. Sounds like a better plan than chancing it in the truck at KSC.

velociraptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2015
    Jurassic Park
    I'll echo the GunVault attached to something that ain't moving without significant effort theory. That's what I'd do if I didn't feel comfortable with the in-room safe.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Why are you assuming all federal property is "no go"?

I don't think that's the case.

And florida recognizes your IN LTCH.

Try this. It's from the faq on their website. I have no idea what the answer is. But I'm thinking if it were no, they would have just said so.

Kennedy Space Center have a gun club?
    A. For information, please contact the KARS 1 park manager,

My guy at KSC says guns are not permitted on the property.

Google is your friend...

The following items should not be brought on to NASA property and are subject to confiscation. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive. In addition to items specifically listed here other items that may be deemed to present a potential threat may also be prohibited.

• Ammunition
    • Billy clubs
    • Blackjacks
    • Bows and arrows
    • Brass knuckles
    • Disabling chemicals or gases
    • Edged Weapons
    • Explosives
    • Firearms
    • Illegal drugs/paraphernalia
    • Nunchakus
    • Projectile weapons
    • Stun guns/shocking devices

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard

That would help if that was for KSC, but that's for Glenn Research Center in Ohio. And the visitors center for KSC is one of those "Is it federal, is it not" kind of places. I searched all of the visitors center site and surprise, surprise, it's not mentioned. So I'm going to take the precaution of not even leaving it in the car there.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    That would help if that was for KSC, but that's for Glenn Research Center in Ohio. And the visitors center for KSC is one of those "Is it federal, is it not" kind of places. I searched all of the visitors center site and surprise, surprise, it's not mentioned. So I'm going to take the precaution of not even leaving it in the car there.

Considering NASA KSC is a NASA Facility, and the link references the fact that NASA property is Federal Property, I'd suggest leaving it in the room [STRIKE]or keeping it very well hidden before you enter property[/STRIKE].
    I was there late in 2014 and went through some neighborhoods that I'd rather had something with me.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Ask the hotel if they offer safes or safety deposit boxes.. Most states have liability limit laws that require a hotel to offer safe storage.. & if they do they are not liable for loss of items if you do not store them in the safe or Box provided.. Most hotels that I have stayed at , when I have to lock up my gun , have a private room for you to place the item in the box & lock it..

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Ask the hotel if they offer safes or safety deposit boxes.. Most states have liability limit laws that require a hotel to offer safe storage.. & if they do they are not liable for loss of items if you do not store them in the safe or Box provided.. Most hotels that I have stayed at , when I have to lock up my gun , have a private room for you to place the item in the box & lock it..

The hotel I'm going to has safe deposit boxes that I might use, though I might just use a GunVault with a cable depending on the room.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    The hotel safes may not be the most secure safes out there but I think the chances of someone randomly breaking into your room and cracking the safe with a paper clip are pretty slim.
    If the safe was opened, the first person the police are going to look at would be the maid.
    Always a first but I have never had an issue at a respectable hotel chain. I have to believe they screen the maid staff to some degree with everything that gets left laying around in rooms.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    The hotel safes may not be the most secure safes out there but I think the chances of someone randomly breaking into your room and cracking the safe with a paper clip are pretty slim.
    If the safe was opened, the first person the police are going to look at would be the maid.
    Always a first but I have never had an issue at a respectable hotel chain. I have to believe they screen the maid staff to some degree with everything that gets left laying around in rooms.

A major hotel chain was caught with a default code of 000000 as the master combination for all their hotels room safes, in case you know, customers lost the combo they had set.

[video=youtube;vW7M84khZy8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7M84khZy8[/video]

And most thefts are from employees.

Top Bottom