• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I have recently started looking for a handgun, it has been 20+ years since I have had one. From going to a couple gun shops and a couple gun shows, I really like the Springfield XD not the XDM. I have held the 5" and the 4" and perfer the 5". I may want to CC sometimes but also think the 5" may be a bit big. Anyone carry one of these two and what are the pros & cons that you see. Thanks

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    What do you have against the XDM? Seem like you could solve your problems with the 4.5"?

5" is pretty big for CC but a lot of that depends on your stature. The XD's are pretty fat, too. Makes them even less inclined for CC.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I prefer the older model XD as well. It's a little fat, the 4" XD is about the size of a G19 (which I also considered at the time I picked up the XD). I carry it sometimes, but EDC is a 4.25" 1911 because it's thin and easier to conceal than the XD.

Carrying the 5" wouldn't be much different from the 4" with an IWB holster.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I had an XDM SubCompact .45 with the 3.8 inch barrel. It was a wonderful gun! I miss it dearly. I never had a single issue with mine, all 830+ rounds were happily fed, discharged, and ejected properly.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Since I am new to looking for a handgun. I am not really saying anything bad or against the XDM. The XDM has great reviews. But when I hold the XD verses the XDM, the XD is an extension of my arm and the XDM is not. The XDM is just not comfortable in my hand. The other gun that I really like is the Kahr CW9. It also has a great feel though a bit small it would make a good CC as well, atleast in my opinion.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    He does have a point, YOU need to figure out what YOU like. If it feels good in your hands and you feel confident, try to find one you can shoot. Test firing a gun before purchase is like a test driving a car. Try to find a shooting range near you that rents handguns, I know Indy Trading Post here in Centeral Indianapolis has a decent selection of pistols for rent.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    If you like the XD then go for it. If it fits you then go for it.
    I like the XD over the M and also like the S. I like the XDs over the shield again its how it fits you not anyone else!

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    I have an XD 9mm and love it, but I do agree it's pretty big to carry. It works OWB with swearshirt or jacket

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom