• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I skimmed through the bill and I have to read this some more later, but I saw a portion talking about "grandfathered" magazines, but not weapons.
    The weapons I keep for personal and property defense are all on the ban list, just by definition alone.
    I agree this will not go anywhere in its current state, but some form of it may pass at a later date.
    I noticed that there was no provision listing what we can do to legally dispose of such deadly devices, nor a provision for criminals to turn theirs in.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Look at the bright side; this bill is nothing but the lib's jumping on board with Obama. It's going nowhere, but it will give Republican's ammo for the next election.
    I'm more interested/concerned about what Obama is going to do in the next couple of weeks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I hope they beat that anti-gun drum real hard...all the way to the election. At least then if it wins we will know the time is nigh. I personally believe it will be an epic loser though.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I hope they beat that anti-gun drum real hard...all the way to the election. At least then if it wins we will know the time is nigh. I personally believe it will be an epic loser though.

IF the GOP hangs onto Congress AND a GOPer is elected as president, let's see if we can walk back some of the BS laws and regulations that have been on the books since, say, 1934? And not just firearms. The only way to clean up DC is probably to divert the Potomac to flush all of the bureaucracies into Chesapeake Bay. Hopefully the native crab population is not too adversely affected by the resulting concentration of :poop:.

Be interesting to see if Ryan does a better job standing up to Cruz or Trump than he has to Obama (assuming PR is reelected)...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Be interesting to see if Ryan does a better job standing up to Cruz or Trump than he has to Obama (assuming PR is reelected)...
    I hadn't even thought about that. I bet he really grows a pair if Cruz gets into office. If Hillary does, it will be the same old lap dog, go along to get along routine.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I sent an E-mail to Coats--Donnelly--Brooks--------"NO MORE ANTI-GUN LAWS"----------and a question for all of them---"Why are you allowing the potus to set himself as king'dictator"----"you are to make the laws------act like it"

I hate the fact that he is using TAXPAYERS money to hire lawyers,to find a way to destroy the Constitution,that he swore to uphold and defend..........

Has anyone else sent a message to thier Senator(s) or Represenative?????????-----------------------

And I sent a donation to the NRA-ILA

tallend

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    IF the GOP hangs onto Congress AND a GOPer is elected as president, let's see if we can walk back some of the BS laws and regulations that have been on the books since, say, 1934? And not just firearms. The only way to clean up DC is probably to divert the Potomac to flush all of the bureaucracies into Chesapeake Bay. Hopefully the native crab population is not too adversely affected by the resulting concentration of :poop:.

Can we skip the GOP? Can we choose someone who will actually uphold the ENTIRE Constitution and not pick and choose the parts they want?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

There is a specific reason why I am very skeptical of this thinking, although I can understand it.

In 1998, Dick Armey came to Indiana to support John Hostetler. The venue was the home of a doctor in Bloomington (and I scored some serious points with Mrs. Doc by giving her Maltese, who was feeling neglected, some attention). Anyway, standing around the living room, the conversation included what I took at the time as a prediction, but in retrospect understand was a statement of fact, that GWB was going to be the next president. My question was that of how quickly and diligently work would be done toward repealing certain unconstitutional laws. Armey assured me that they would get right to work on it as soon as they had both congress and the White House. I waited for six years and saw absolutely nothing done and listened to the NRA mumble, "enforce the existing laws, enforce the existing laws, enforce the existing laws".

Given the current crop of RINOs, I fail to see any reason why I should expect any better this time.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    There is a specific reason why I am very skeptical of this thinking, although I can understand it.

In 1998, Dick Armey came to Indiana to support John Hostetler. The venue was the home of a doctor in Bloomington (and I scored some serious points with Mrs. Doc by giving her Maltese, who was feeling neglected, some attention). Anyway, standing around the living room, the conversation included what I took at the time as a prediction, but in retrospect understand was a statement of fact, that GWB was going to be the next president. My question was that of how quickly and diligently work would be done toward repealing certain unconstitutional laws. Armey assured me that they would get right to work on it as soon as they had both congress and the White House. I waited for six years and saw absolutely nothing done and listened to the NRA mumble, "enforce the existing laws, enforce the existing laws, enforce the existing laws".

Given the current crop of RINOs, I fail to see any reason why I should expect any better this time.

The NRA needs to be militant, no matter who's in the WH. So do all of us. In a kinder, gentler fashion of course.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The NRA needs to be militant, no matter who's in the WH. So do all of us. In a kinder, gentler fashion of course.

That's my point. I don't see the utility in supporting them when so far the evidence establishes them as do-nothings who have in common with Jackson and Sharpton that they can kick and scream when things look bleak, raise a bunch of money, and they lie down as soon as the overwhelming threat dissipates, if it dissipates, and in either case, lie down without doing anything to correct an already intolerable situation. The GOP, well, they could, when able to do so without any difficulty, clean up some of those messes like the NFA, GCA 68, the Hughes Amendment, if it hadn't already been deemed null and void by virtue of FA weapons no longer being regulated, and a few others, but no, they get in office and basically tell us to **** off--except Lugar who put only the thinnest veneer on telling me to **** off regarding the subject.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Just proves how ignorant these people are.......exempt the Ruger Mini-14 without folding stock....but one with a folding stock, that's a lethal SOB there and needs to be banned. These friggen geniuses amaze me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just proves how ignorant these people are.......exempt the Ruger Mini-14 without folding stock....but one with a folding stock, that's a lethal SOB there and needs to be banned. These friggen geniuses amaze me.

If they had the smallest modicum of sense, they wouldn't be leftists.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    A lot of them just don't know any different. They argue their points, but aren't informed enough on the subject to make educated decisions.

Here's a couple of examples:

- I had a buddy that thought all guns being sold or gifted should go through a background check. He hadn't thought about all of the logistics and didn't know anything about the current systems and procedures in place. He didn't understand that I couldn't just call into the NICS system (I'm not an FFL) and ask for a background check and that the NICS check would have to go through a third party business, which is unregulated regarding price for the BG check and unregulated as to their ability to refuse to even do a check in the first place. He also didn't realize that serial numbers, gun models, etc... are recorded in today's BG checks and that information could be used for a defacto universal registration (and what that means). Just lots of things he hadn't thought of.

- Regarding AWB's, I've had a few friends that didn't understand the operation of rifles and differences in aesthetics, mechanics, etc... I promptly took them back to my safe and showed them some examples of what is and isn't currently legal and what the differences are in reality vs. what the media wants them to think. I showed them an AR and explained the difference between it and a M4/M16, etc... As well as the difference between something like an M14/M1a and an AR and how a larger bore semi-auto that doesn't scare them with "tactical" features is actually a deadlier rifle. I also showed them some "scary" looking "sniper" rifles that can hit a pie plate at 1000 yards that wouldn't be touched by an "AWB" and how that rifle was little different from a hunting rifle. Again, lots of unknowns on their part.

- I also had one guy that didn't believe that homicide rates with firearms used as a murder weapon have actually been decreasing. He brought up that we "have a problem" with violence with the use of firearms and said that we need to "do something." He didn't believe me when I told him there wasn't a rising issue and that the rates were actually dropping. So I showed him the fbi.gov database. You can't argue against that. Population has been increasing, and total number of deaths by firearms has been decreasing. I also took the opportunity to show him the break down of how many deaths are caused by rifles specifically vs. other objects and used that to discuss how an AWB isn't worth pursuing. Again, lots of unknowns on his side.

I've actually found that most people are open to logical discussion. It's when things get heated they shut down and stop listening. It normally turns into "show me the facts." So I show them the facts. They normally end up at least understanding where I'm coming from.

Top Bottom