• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So since the Indy 1500 only comes around 4 times a year, and the smaller Central Indiana shows are scattered around at different times, how about the possibility of a MASSIVE once a year show called the INGO Gun Show, put on by gun owners, for gun owners and not a pure money making event that the organizers do with the 1500.

Host this bad boy in the West Pavilion that directly attaches to the South Pavilion and combine the two, this add's up to almost 1/4 of a million (for those challenged, 250,000) square feet of devoted space. That's more than 60% more floor space of the last show in the South Pavilion and would provide more space for tons of tables, and most importantly space to maneuver around, no cramped aisles and the real possibility of getting almost every major player in the game in one location for 1 time of the year right here in the Hoosier state.

So, let's hear it, suggestion's, idea's, thought's, criticism or anything that could make this a reality and make this truly one of the biggest/best show's.

Also, all of the advertisers, who would be interested in this, along with employees of shops that don't go to the 1500 throw it out there, let's see what hits and sticks or what slides and falls.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think it sounds like another great idea... up in Indy.

It would be a massive task putting on the show. Insurance, logistics, planning, etc.

It could be done, but it would take a lot of work.

And, I'd love to see something down here for is INGOers that live dangerously close to Kentucky! :D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I would attend. Don't think I have much to show off that isn't old hat to most gun owners.

My suggestion would be not to have it in Indy every year. Move it around the state with a different location each year. Maybe Indy, Ft. Wayne, New Albany, Terre Haute, Gary, Bloomington and so forth?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Do you have any idea as to what the cost of renting the South Pavilion, or any facility, plus the cost of insurance, safety measures and other minor things?

Sounds like a really nice idea that could be a logistic nightmare for those of us who are untrained in gun show promotion.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I have not made it to a 1500 yet but at local gun shows it seems basicly no one brings anything in, it is basicly a bunch of dealers in one place, with a little bit of a discount off the tagged prices at the store.
    Mabey encourage more trading and people bringing in their things to sell.
    I would also like to see more surplus type things.
    As I said their may be more of that stuff at the 1500 than these little ones in my neighborhood, I'v never been.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Do you have any idea as to what the cost of renting the South Pavilion, or any facility, plus the cost of insurance, safety measures and other minor things?

Sounds like a really nice idea that could be a logistic nightmare for those of us who are untrained in gun show promotion.

No, this is a feeler thread, no since in even trying if the support is not there.

Personally renting the South Pavilion only is falling right into the same trap as the 1500 is right now. My thought would be to rent BOTH the West and South (they're connected by a breezeway) and would provide the largest 2 buildings tied together to give something like this the "OMG", this is huge factor that would influence both vendors and customers (giving both room to set up and roam) to come back on a yearly basis.

Anything requiring having to put together multiple layers and facets can be a logistical nightmare, that is exactly why you get feelers, seek out what turnout there might be and plan plenty in advance.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I think it's a great idea BUT the logistics may be nightmare. It may be better done at a smaller venue like AR open house. Just my :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I think it sounds like another great idea... up in Indy.

It would be a massive task putting on the show. Insurance, logistics, planning, etc.

It could be done, but it would take a lot of work.

And, I'd love to see something down here for is INGOers that live dangerously close to Kentucky! :D

You mean those of us down here in North Kentucky?

Yeah, that'd be sweet.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You'd have to ban all the candle, fudge, crawl space refinishing, massage, etc. booths.

We went to the home show at the convention center a week or 2 ago. I don't think there was a single "start to finish" home contractor in the place. There were dog food booths, 2 or 3 mattress booths, several crawl space booths, knives, cookware, tupperware, you name it. If you were hosting a flea market, a lot of the crap would fit in but I don't understand why they allow non event related stuff in.

Also, there should be a rule requiring all vendors to have their tables uncovered and ready for business as soon as the show opens. There were tables still covered at 9:00 on Saturday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    You'd have to ban all the candle, fudge, crawl space refinishing, massage, etc. booths.

We went to the home show at the convention center a week or 2 ago. I don't think there was a single "start to finish" home contractor in the place. There were dog food booths, 2 or 3 mattress booths, several crawl space booths, knives, cookware, tupperware, you name it. If you were hosting a flea market, a lot of the crap would fit in but I don't understand why they allow non event related stuff in.

Also, there should be a rule requiring all vendors to have their tables uncovered and ready for business as soon as the show opens. There were tables still covered at 9:00 on Saturday.

You had me at hello and lost me at fudge.

Don't be hating on the best sweet treat on this planet, good sir.

Fudge and firearms go together so well, they even start with the same letter of our alphabet.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Will this be in coordination with the 1500?

No, no way, no connection or coordination what so ever with the 1500.

My thought would be something once a year maybe between the fall and winter 1500 show. Make it so it not competing directly against it.

Also try and get the locals in there also, Think Bradis would go for a once a year show? Make this one for the masses, one that when you leave the door you're waiting for next year to be there tomorrow.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I have two thoughts:

1) I think you're biting off more than you can chew.
    2) I think if you want to attach INGO's name to anything, you should ask Fenway his thoughts on it first.

Last edited:

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here, would this be a dealer show or FTF transfers? What I am getting at is, we would have to be very careful not to run afoul of any ATF violations. Yes I know FTF is legal, but too many and they take it as you running a business and therefore need a FFL.

I am down for this so please do not intrepret my comments as negative, just rather food for throught!

What if we actually invited the ATF to set up shop to answer questions? It is no secret that I'm a cop, I'd be happy to be ther to answer general LE questions. Heck, I'll even wear some jack boots if some gets me a pair! :rockwoot::D

Top Bottom