• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think you are on the right path, maybe a large show and tell, if you have products you can sell them in a booth (for a table fee) and lots of person to person gun sells is cool. Maybe even something like the wood working show, where every hour there is a down and dirty seminar. Broad range of topics from marksmanship skills, cleaning, basic first aid, so on.

I like where your head is at.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I would attend. Don't think I have much to show off that isn't old hat to most gun owners.

My suggestion would be not to have it in Indy every year. Move it around the state with a different location each year. Maybe Indy, Ft. Wayne, New Albany, Terre Haute, Gary, Bloomington and so forth?

:+1:the reason i never go to the 1500 is why drive 120 miles for the same thing i can drive 20 miles to louisville to see :twocents::twocents:

being an INGO show would help but the first letter in INGO does stand for INDIANA ,.....not just INDIANAPOLIS:patriot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have two thoughts:

1) I think you're biting off more than you can chew.
    2) I think if you want to attach INGO's name to anything, you should ask Fenway his thoughts on it first.

Been there, done that Pami! I sent Fenway a message about this, asking if he'd consider this a possibility. He asked me to post a message here in this forum to see what feedback is thrown out there.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here, would this be a dealer show or FTF transfers? What I am getting at is, we would have to be very careful not to run afoul of any ATF violations. Yes I know FTF is legal, but too many and they take it as you running a business and therefore need a FFL.

I am down for this so please do not intrepret my comments as negative, just rather food for throught!

What if we actually invited the ATF to set up shop to answer questions? It is no secret that I'm a cop, I'd be happy to be there to answer general LE questions. Heck, I'll even wear some jack boots if some gets me a pair! :rockwoot::D

Same essence as the 1500, but bigger, better with thought process in for comfort, assess-ability with input on likes and dislikes with a show put on by gunowners, for gunowners. A once a year kick-butt show.

Now I really like the idea of having a ATF Agent ot Agents there for Q&A, nothing like getting a direct answer straight from the horses mouth.

This right here is the quality input that is needed, something novel and not ever done to my memory at any 1500 show.

KEEP IT UP FOLKS!!!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    You'd have to ban all the candle, fudge, crawl space refinishing, massage, etc. booths.

We went to the home show at the convention center a week or 2 ago. I don't think there was a single "start to finish" home contractor in the place. There were dog food booths, 2 or 3 mattress booths, several crawl space booths, knives, cookware, tupperware, you name it. If you were hosting a flea market, a lot of the crap would fit in but I don't understand why they allow non event related stuff in.

Technically crawl space refinishing qualifies for a Home Show.

Maybe I'm a little biased - my dad owns a crawl space company :D

Even so, the gun show would be great fun, and I'd likely participate, but the sheer logistics will be difficult to overcome.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Can we get through a 4-hour INGO AR-15 Open House first before we go planning a gunshow that rivals the 1500?? :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Technically crawl space refinishing qualifies for a Home Show.

Maybe I'm a little biased - my dad owns a crawl space company :D

Even so, the gun show would be great fun, and I'd likely participate, but the sheer logistics will be difficult to overcome.

Is he the guy that sets up in Tackle Town at the Boat, Sport, and Travel Show as well?

Top Bottom