• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    The Hi Point C9 was my very first handgun. Use to carry it daily. I have only had a few problems with ftf. And that was with the famous Winchester white box. Never had a problem with the Remington hollow points though. Which is what I keep in it. And yes I would let my life depend on it. Just as much as a Glock or any other high priced brand name. Malfunctions can and will happen to anything. Do I still carry it, no. I now carry a Ruger SR40C. But I do have my C9 in my BOB.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    My brother had the 9mm. I wasn't a huge fan of it but he couldn't afford much else and was living in a bad neighborhood at the time. I was very surprised at how it was at the range. I personally shot 4 clips through it and had 1 fte. Only problem I had.

If you can't afford anything else, go for it.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    If you are trusting your life to it for self defense ,why not spend a couple hundred more and get a Glock that will definitely last forever.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I bought a 995 9mm carbine rifle in the early-mid 2000s. It shoots fine and I have no complaints. I am ready to trade it off only b/c I am getting rid of all my 9mm guns and replacing with .40

I have never shot the handguns, but know people that swear by them as suitable alternatives to top name brands at usually triple the price.

I have heard LGS tell people they are just as good as a Glock or Springfield. While that is just incorrect, it is a decent gun if that is all you can afford at the time. Just remember, you aren't going to get much from it when you are ready to trade up.

They might be ugly, but so am I and I am completely kick-ass.

oldad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    hi point in my opinion is a great gun i have a 9mm put probably 1500-2000 rounds through it and it still shoots great haven't had to do a thing to it except clean it

BGSguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    From a retailer's perspective, we sell a heck of a lot of Hi-Points and the complaint ratio to sales is probably the LEAST out of any manufacturer we carry, if that tells you anything.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    I carry at least one Hipoint daily. I have two and my wife has one she loves her hi point and so do I. BTW they do have a lifetime warranty no matter how many owners it has had. They also warranty the mags as well.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    will they warranty my c-9 that was dropped, because it was too heavy:laugh:

The front sight is smashed a bit

so 1/2 of the firearm needs replaced,:laugh:

think they will cover it?

I have had a few thousand rounds go thru mine, no problems ever, it now sits as a paper weight in the closet but I still have the darn thing. i love the heavy blowback/action its fun to plink with.
    Ive long since replaced it with a G19:D

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    As far as looks go, they are hideous. Like putting Rosie O'Donnel in a swimsuit contest... Functionally, I know several co-workers who own them and have no complaints.

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Id bet money they do. Never heard anything but praise for their warranties and customer service. Worst they can say is no, but I really doubt they do. Thats what they have going for them is their reputation for warranties, they lose that they dont have much besides being cheap (price wise). And hoosier8 I was literally about to post those videos, love me some iraqveteran8888 reviews and videos.

will they warranty my c-9 that was dropped, because it was too heavy:laugh:

The front sight is smashed a bit

so 1/2 of the firearm needs replaced,:laugh:

think they will cover it?

I have had a few thousand rounds go thru mine, no problems ever, it now sits as a paper weight in the closet but I still have the darn thing. i love the heavy blowback/action its fun to plink with.
    Ive long since replaced it with a G19:D

Top Bottom