South Bend

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you are a left winger, then it is okay. You have already done soooo much to help society and the world. If you are from the right, then you are just dodging your responsibilities to support the parasite class.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How is renouncing citizenship "dodging taxes"? She's apparently living somewhere other than the US and thus subject to that country's tax laws, and does not want anything to do with the US anymore. Why should anyone think that she has a "responsibility" to pay the US taxes?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How is renouncing citizenship "dodging taxes"? She's apparently living somewhere other than the US and thus subject to that country's tax laws, and does not want anything to do with the US anymore. Why should anyone think that she has a "responsibility" to pay the US taxes?

Because presumably she earned that taxable income while she was a US Citizen. That's like running up a debt on your Visa, cancelling it and opening a Master Card before the bill comes and then expecting that you shouldn't have to pay it.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, if you renounce, you still are required to pay US taxes for a period of time. Although since she's a big Democrat donor she'll probably get special dispensation. Remember, it's only rich, old, white, Conservative males that donate to Republicans that are evil. Everyone else gets a pass.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Heck, I thought this was going to be a discussion about how taxes are a necessary evil to support legitimate governmental functions, but it's all Americans' moral duty to pay as little tax as possible to attempt to keep the government within its proper boundaries.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's the American way to allow the government to steal as much of your money as possible to give away to those on welfare and to use to kill innocent women and children 2,000 miles away.

I think some people are smoking bath salts.

1776 proves that 'dodging taxes' is most certainly, "The American Way"

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." - Frederic Bastiat

I believe strongly that it is EVERYONE'S duty to pay the taxes necessary only to provide for a government just large enough to protect our property. However, our current taxation/government system is so perverted and distorted that I could understand a person not willing to be "voluntarily" plundered anymore. Not saying I agree with it, as I still love what I believe in my interpretation of what America stands for, but I understand it!

JimmyJames

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Just passin through
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." - Frederic Bastiat

I believe strongly that it is EVERYONE'S duty to pay the taxes necessary only to provide for a government just large enough to protect our property. However, our current taxation/government system is so perverted and distorted that I could understand a person not willing to be "voluntarily" plundered anymore. Not saying I agree with it, as I still love what I believe in my interpretation of what America stands for, but I understand it!

Outstandingly well said.

Do folks still read Bastiat?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Probabaly because of the same reason you and I take advantage of tax deductions. It's not only legal, but incredibly intelligent to not participate in the plundering of ones property.

and you'd have to be a effing moron to want to fund the cellphones for crack whores program.

Honestly, what sort of buffoon could support paying in to a system with such corruption and wealth distribution?

I'll tell you who supports theft and wealth redistribution: The ones who are getting that money!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do you think there should be a law prohibiting your ownership of property outside of the nation?
    No. The trouble is that he wants lots of lavish spending increases to occur on borrowed dollars. He wants a military so large as to "make it impossible for anyone to oppose us." He pledged to send 100,000 additional troops overseas, policing the world. He wants to expand the Pentagon's bloated budget.

He's willing to spend money that future generations haven't earned yet, but wants his money to be shielded from taxes. What a fraud.

chart-romney-defense-spending.top_.gif

Top Bottom