How can I remove this glue from my wood floor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    How can I remove "super" glue from my wood floor?

I was working on some wooden stools and using "Wonderlok Tite Chairs", which is a kind of super glue that wicks its way into small cracks. Chair rungs, etc. are the main use of Tite Chairs but it could be used in firearm restoration.

My problem;I got a little puddle of "TITE CHAIRS" glue on my wood floor of our kitchen. It is a dried mound about the diameter of a nickel and took the finish off.
    eek.gif

I tried to wipe it up and managed to increase the size of the "mess" to about the size of a silver dollar.
    doh.gif

Is there anything I can use (acetone, ketone) to remove it or do I sand and varnish.

Is it safe to sand "Super Glue" and possibly inhale small amounts of the sanding dust?:n00b:

Suggestions?

HELP?
    Right now "ain't nobody happy, cause (you know who) ain't happy.
    cry3.gif

louielouie
    progress.gif

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Teach you to do that stuff outside, or with a drop cloth :) Been trying to find a formulation for it, but no luck so far. Seems pretty badass, though. If it's anything like superglue, you're going to be sanding it and refinishing. Just keep the dust down and don't breathe it. If you burn it, though, you get cyanide, so don't do that..

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wet sanding would be a good way to control the dust. I would sand a little at a time and then let it dry or use a hair dryer so you can see how you've done. If the floor had a good finish there's chance the glue is only on the surface. Sanding carefully may allow you to retain some of the original finish which will help make the repair less noticeable. I don't know what type of finish is on your floor but most have some sort of poly or clear on top. You may also be able to mix a few drops of stain in some poly to help match the rest of the floor. Less is more when doing this, you can always add more to darken it. Some buffing may be required when its done which will further blend in the repair. Of course, keep the repair area as small as possible.

I've done this with decent results before when a floor was damaged. I could still tell where the repair was but most people would never notice it. Good luck.

Top Bottom