• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    My wife likes shooting at the knock down plates. Also since I reload, she likes trying out different loads that I make for her. As stupid as this sounds, she has enjoyed shooting more since I joined a club, and we have access to an outdoor range. Many people have told me that women like guns with suppressors, but I don't own one...yet.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just like everything and everyone else

A modicum of success will go a long way towards a newbie, regardless of gender, having fun. Reactive targets are good, even if they are only Shoot.N.C. An accurate .22lr bolt gun, shot off a rest, is a great way to start before moving on to something a bit more challenging........IF SHE WANTS TO MOVE ON.

We just took a non-shooting couple to Crosley last weekend with a variety of guns. Neither of them had ever handled any kind of firearm. He liked the Smith 629, she loved the CZ 452 .22lr.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My wife does not like shooting paper, she likes blowing up things. She enjoys skeet, because they explode when hit. She really likes the new exploding targets that are filled with the binary explosive. She also likes shooting steel targets that fall down or move when hit. All paper targets do not interest her. Also, Kirk's comment on letting her come to shooting is wise. As he said "anything forced is not fun" .

Good luck,

Terry

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Some women like to shoot and some don't. I think trying to "convince" a woman to shoot is the equivalent of her trying to convince a man to quilt or knit. Some times you just need to accept the reality of a situation and move on. :twocents:

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Some women like to shoot and some don't. I think trying to "convince" a woman to shoot is the equivalent of her trying to convince a man to quilt or knit. Some times you just need to accept the reality of a situation and move on. :twocents:
    so how long have you been knitting?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    so how long have you been knitting?

Lol, never. My ex loved to shoot. She was a natural shot. When we split up she got my S&W Mod 60 and 10/22 with red dot. I wouldn't want to have her shooting at me with either one! :cool:

How long have you been a target? ;)

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    take a blanket with and get some good lovin in after the shoot...right out with the critters.....

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Lol, never. My ex loved to shoot. She was a natural shot. When we split up she got my S&W Mod 60 and 10/22 with red dot. I wouldn't want to have her shooting at me with either one! :cool:

How long have you been a target? ;)
    oh for about 31 yrs. I have known my wife all my life. we have a pic. of her sitting on her G'mas lap and I was standing in front. I was about 2 and she was a little over a yr old.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Worried over your woman having fun shooting:rolleyes:

Does every single thing have to revolve around making the little woman happy? If she wants to shoot then let her shoot like every one else. If she wants to be pampered let her stay home with the rest of the kids.

If she's ripped yours off and keeps them in her jar and you have to pat her fanny to let you touch your own gun then try taking your nutz out to the range. Hand them on a string and let her shoot at them. May be even swing them a little like they were still yours if you want her to work at blowing them off. It's not like you were using them any way.

Truck Accessory,Bumper Nuts,nutz,balls,Ford,Suv,Dodge,Jeep,Chevy,Testicles,Trucknutz,Atv,rv,Testicles,gonads,monster,nascar,trucker
    Try those for targets and you'll not get the gun back from her.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I make it more fun for her the same way I do for me.

For example, today at the range we engaged in some actual target practice. Shot a couple mags rested from the bench, shot a few from the sitting position in front of the bench. Had a little competition on squirrel sized targets for bragging rights (I won.)

Then took all the targets away, threw out a couple cans and plastic bottles, and spent the rest of our time making them dance.

We went through about 80-90 rounds each the first hour and a half. And a hundred and fifty or so each in the next half hour or so. Guns got hot, smokin' all over the place, we blew the cans in half, there wasn't much left of the bottles. Now, that's fun :D

Shotgun shells, apples, ballons, steel, and sometimes little toy action figures... all are all kinds of fun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Worried over your woman having fun shooting:rolleyes:

Does every single thing have to revolve around making the little woman happy? If she wants to shoot then let her shoot like every one else. If she wants to be pampered let her stay home with the rest of the kids.

If she's ripped yours off and keeps them in her jar and you have to pat her fanny to let you touch your own gun then try taking your nutz out to the range. Hand them on a string and let her shoot at them. May be even swing them a little like they were still yours if you want her to work at blowing them off. It's not like you were using them any way.

Truck Accessory,Bumper Nuts,nutz,balls,Ford,Suv,Dodge,Jeep,Chevy,Testicles,Trucknutz,Atv,rv,Testicles,gonads,monster,nascar,trucker
    Try those for targets and you'll not get the gun back from her.

:noway:

Completely unnecessary, dude. Very bad form.

Top Bottom