• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have a friend that is asking me what the law is pertaining to the distance required to shoot from someone else’s house. He has a neighbor that is shooting guns and blowing up tannerite thirty yards from his house. It’s close enough that it knocks pictures off the wall. I thought it was supposed to be 100 yards, but I’m probably wrong. They are also shooting until 9 pm, but I assume that’s allowed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not legal advice, really more common sense: if that is true, police should be called IMMEDIATELY.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    30 yards is extremely too close, especially to a house. On the container minimum safe distance is 100 yards. Plenty of videos out there of dumb people doing dumb things with tannerite and loosing body parts. Them doing that that close to a house your friend is going to loose a window or someone is going to get hurt by debris

If they're just shooting 30 yards away (uncorking from the muzzle, NOT bullet impact), I'd say that's pretty inconsiderate unless it's suppressed which I doubt it is

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No state IC on this. Counties might have an ordinance, and so might cities/towns. I see you are in Martinsville, so Morgan county. Where is your friend?

30 yards is really close. My driveway is longer than that.

Here are your ordinances:
    American Legal Publishing - Online Library

Search for "noise". I would guess loud enough to "knock pictures off the wall" would qualify.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is a law, we call it Lake's Law after a fighter pilot friend of mine who coined it. All the worlds problems can be boiled down to two things: People are idiots and there are too damn many people.

His neighbors are true idiots...the kind who may take violently being pointed out to the police. He should be prepared for any push back.

Top Bottom