• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I shot my first appleseed with ATM at Crawfordsville in Nov. of 2012, and managed rifleman on the first day thanks to the great staff and their teachabilities!!!
    My father gave me his old Ruger 10/22, and it is what i shot rifleman with. A little worse for wear, I did manage to upgrade the stock, install tech sights (though a scope is on it nowadays), and polish the internals.

DSCN2633_zps8ca1de5a.jpg

Recently my father found, and handed me the original receipt... Check the date... April 19th. How cool is that!?
    ruger10-22receipt_zps3ff8b520.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I shot my first appleseed with ATM at Crawfordsville in Nov. of 2012, and managed rifleman on the first day thanks to the great staff and their teachabilities!!!
    My father gave me his old Ruger 10/22, and it is what i shot rifleman with. A little worse for wear, I did manage to upgrade the stock, install tech sights (though a scope is on it nowadays), and polish the internals.

DSCN2633_zps8ca1de5a.jpg

Recently my father found, and handed me the original receipt... Check the date... April 19th. How cool is that!?
    ruger10-22receipt_zps3ff8b520.jpg

Awe ****, That's awesome! Now I kinda do want to borrow it!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The Sling is good, loop is on the butt. Why would you switch it?

oh and Congrats on Rifleman 1st try!

The H-buckle (loop) is in the correct location. However, the J-Hook is usually attached to the rear sling swivel to easily detach the sling from the stock. On this rifle, it looks like there's a quick release sling attachment that serves the same purpose.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do you still have the original stock??

If so - you could consider re-finishing it - and "laminating" that receipt to the back of the stock's butt (between the heel and the toe).

Wonder how one would accomplish that... Hmmmm...

-J-

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The H-buckle (loop) is in the correct location. However, the J-Hook is usually attached to the rear sling swivel to easily detach the sling from the stock. On this rifle, it looks like there's a quick release sling attachment that serves the same purpose.

Correct. the loop on that rear swivel is not wide enough for the gi sling, so I run mine backwards (hook up front) for quick detach (I do this on my two AR's also).
    The hook can bite into my hand a bit, but I like to be able to QD the front and leave the loop on my arm. I know instructors prefer to get in and out of the loop sling. SOmeday i will work towards that.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Do you still have the original stock??

If so - you could consider re-finishing it - and "laminating" that receipt to the back of the stock's butt (between the heel and the toe).

Wonder how one would accomplish that... Hmmmm...

-J-

I do not. I donated it to an INGO'er (complete with leather sling) who was looking for a project gun/wood stock to replace the composite one on his newer 10/22.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Congrats RobbyMaQ!! That's a sweet looking gun and I love the stock! What kind is it?
    the date On the receipt gave me goose bumps! AWESOME!

The stock is a blackhawk axiom. Rise is a little low for my taste (hence the insulation wrap) but it's adjustable so my wife and kid can shoot it as well.

That right there my friend is Karma.

It's like it was made for appleseed! If only I had known when I shot it at one!

Top Bottom