• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Saw this on Facebook. Looks great and easy to make.
    3597_311164312346552_1617617068_n.jpg

Bacon Bombs:
    1 can (8ct.) Pillsbury Grands Flaky
    Layers Biscuits
    Cubed Mozzarella Cheese (1-1″ cube
    per Bomb)
    2 lbs. of Bacon (1 slice per Bomb)
    Sticks
    Oil for frying (I used Canola)
    Directions:
    Cube up the Cheese, and cut each
    Biscuit into fourths. Place one piece of
    Cheese inside a Biscuit quarter, and
    roll it up in there, nice and tight…
    Wrap each rolled Bomb in a slice of
    Bacon, and secure it with a skewer or
    toothpick…
    In a med/large pot, heat up approx.
    2″ of Oil (to 350 degrees) and fry them
    up in small batches. Maybe one or
    two at a time, the oil will expand so
    stay close…
    Drain them on some Paper Towel, but
    serve them up good and warm.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, so I was bored and had to figure it out. I put on some weight in my early 30s and changed my eating habits awhile back to get back to a healthy weight, so I strictly log everything I put into my body. Depending on the amount of oil used, there is over 8000 calories in that recipe! That's almost FIVE days worth of food for me! The can of biscuits is 1360 calories, figuring there's sixteen slices of bacon in a pound, it would use 32 cheese cubes(80 calories per cube x 32 = 2560), and a two pounds of bacon is about 4150 calories.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ok, so I was bored and had to figure it out. I put on some weight in my early 30s and changed my eating habits awhile back to get back to a healthy weight, so I strictly log everything I put into my body. Depending on the amount of oil used, there is over 4000 calories in that recipe! That's well over 2 days worth of food for me!

So you serve them as hors d'ouerves or something... You don't have to eat the whole recipe. Of course, some of us would.... Heck, who am I kidding? Most of us would. The cool thing is that you can do something like this once in a very great while and cut your daily intake back a bit over several days to "pay for it".

I don't mean to sabotage your very healthy plan, in fact, I envy you the persistence to stick with such a rigid food lifestyle. I just also don't want to discourage anyone who might want to try it. Moderation, though, folks... I like meeting other INGOers... just not when I'm at work. :stretcher:

Blessings,
    Bill

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    So you serve them as hors d'ouerves or something... You don't have to eat the whole recipe. Of course, some of us would.... Heck, who am I kidding? Most of us would. The cool thing is that you can do something like this once in a very great while and cut your daily intake back a bit over several days to "pay for it".

I don't mean to sabotage your very healthy plan, in fact, I envy you the persistence to stick with such a rigid food lifestyle. I just also don't want to discourage anyone who might want to try it. Moderation, though, folks... I like meeting other INGOers... just not when I'm at work. :stretcher:

Blessings,
    Bill

My math was wrong the first time, I forgot to add the bacon. It's over 8000 calories now, or about 250 per bite. I could eat ONE! And I know it's intended to be an appetizer, I was just stating the facts.

On a side note, I have a business that involves customers with very high value vehicles. Most of these guys log everything they put into their cars. Oils, fuel, fluids, etc etc. But some of them think it's so strange I log everything I put into my body!

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Ok, so I was bored and had to figure it out. I put on some weight in my early 30s and changed my eating habits awhile back to get back to a healthy weight, so I strictly log everything I put into my body. Depending on the amount of oil used, there is over 8000 calories in that recipe! That's almost FIVE days worth of food for me! The can of biscuits is 1360 calories, figuring there's sixteen slices of bacon in a pound, it would use 32 cheese cubes(80 calories per cube x 32 = 2560), and a two pounds of bacon is about 4150 calories.

Wow, way to be the buzz kill...:D

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    My math was wrong the first time, I forgot to add the bacon. It's over 8000 calories now, or about 250 per bite. I could eat ONE! And I know it's intended to be an appetizer, I was just stating the facts.

On a side note, I have a business that involves customers with very high value vehicles. Most of these guys log everything they put into their cars. Oils, fuel, fluids, etc etc. But some of them think it's so strange I log everything I put into my body!

Wow, I have missed negative rep for the first time.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Top Bottom