• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I had a gruesome accident with my sawmill and a 6' black rat snake who was after the mice in the drive assembly. Blood and gore all over me when I engaged the blade. Sorry little dude. I milled a maple log from our property and got the lumber in the solar kiln. Other than that, I celebrated as I do just about every day out at the ranch: the sun provided the power for the day, the very low energy house continued to use very little energy, I had meals that were about 50% from our farm in some way, and I generally didn't deliberately waste resources in a childish acting-out against the concept of being a good steward of the land

Earth Day IS a noble cause. I'll not purposefully do harm to the environment if I have a fairly easy alternative.

I was looking for some jocularity here guys. My business dictates what I do in a given day. When a customer calls and needs something done, it gets done.

i was planning on doing what I did today before I even knew it was Earth Day. Besides energy is far to expensive for me to waste!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm driving my 95 Dodge with a cummins 5.9 and I tried to pull up to hybrids at stop lights and roll smoke on them when the light turned green, It was a nice day so they had their windows open and their cars will smell like diesel smoke for weeks.

MMMOOOOOhhhhhhaaaaahhhhahhhhaaaaaa (evil earth hating laugh)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Did my normal thing, work. However I went to start my Jeep and the battery was dead so I jumped it with another Jeep. So two Jeeps running at the same time! Then cut grass before 6! (Don't the tree-huggers want you to cut grass after 6, or is it a different time?).

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Guess I was a day early yesterday. I took some lead I recycled from the auto industry and returned it back to the nature it came from at high velocities via my .36 1851. By the by, My 7 year old boy/girl twins got to fire it as their first "real gun" as well. Gotta think of future generations ys know.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    We had our traditional Earth Day Dinner of pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and grilled spotted owl.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I rode my motorcycle to work and froze my @55 off ('cause surface temperatures are at a 17-year stand still - not warming). Then drove the truck and trailer to a friends to re-cycle some railroad ties by using them as part of the backstop for my new home firing range, and picked up a mobile home structure steel frame to recycle into project builds. So there - I used my 47mpg vehicle instead of my 17mpg vehicle on my work commute, and then done some healthy recycling.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I drove to work in my diesel truck, drove home and enjoined a few beers.

I should have found a Prius owner and let him or her know how much pollution is caused to make the batteries and why they are killing the environment!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ironman7112
    Top Bottom