• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Mine is from my other hobby that I am now in hiatus from until the kids are a bit older... I also skydive, and until a neck injury I shot video for competition teams and tandem skydivers looking to get a video of their jump. And we dont just jump out the door. To get the best shot we will climb outside the plane and hang like a monkey, letting go as our target jumps out. They actually install steps and handholds for us to do it on the larger planes. So my nickname was born...

Like this Super Otter that holds 19 jumpers. This is a screen grab from a video I was shooting as I climbed out and started to make my way toward the far end of that handle... (some planes can hand up to 4 jumpers outside at once)
    tailsunset.bmp

You know if you stay inside, those things eventually land and just let you out, right?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I chose my screen name because I AM the lovemachine.

That, and I was listening to the song Lovemachine by Smokey Robinsin and the Miracles when I created the email back in high school.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Actual first name.

Contribute
    Add to List
    SILVANUS
    USAGE: Roman Mythology, Ancient Roman, Biblical, Biblical Latin
    PRONOUNCED: sil-VAY-nəs (English) [key]

Meaning & History
    Roman name derived from Latin silva "wood, forest". Silvanus was the Roman god of forests. This name appears in the New Testament belonging to one of Saint Paul's companions, also called Silas.
    Related Names
    triangle.gif
    See All Relations
    triangle.gif
    Show Family Tree
    OTHER LANGUAGES: Silas, Silouanos (Biblical Greek), Silas, Sylvanus (English), Sylvain (French),Silas (Greek), Silvano (Italian)

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Mine comes from the fact that my only "kids" are the 4-legged variety (which has grown to include cats as well as dogs).

All of my "kids" are 4-legged also, but if a woman had "doggy" as part of her username I think things would not go well. ;)

It would make for an epic thread right before it got locked

Meh ***,, a thread that good most likely would just go "POOF" and disappear leaving nothing but fairy dust and memories.

My screen name is my CB handle that was given to me by Casket Runner back in the mid 70's. His came from the old hearse he drove to school.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I posted this in a thread a couple years ago....

Mine is a little personal I guess, and kind of long winded, will try to make it short.

My brother was killed, walking along the road by a hit and run driver.
    I came through and found him just minutes after the fact.
    The police could not find who did it. After a year, I had heard rumors, and things around.
    Needless to say it was very difficult, not knowing exactly what happened.
    I got fed up, and started asking around, and I wore a wire when talking to people, and in a few weeks, told the police what I had found out.
    He had joined the military to try and hide from what he did. When they went to interview him he confessed.
    After the trial and sentencing, he was sentenced to four years.... out in six months. I heard he was arrested again twice in another state.
    I went back to detective, and they arrested him again and he served the rest of his time, because he broke his probation.

I had someone make a Bounty Hunter reference after the fact, and I guess it kind of stuck.

Very long story actually, but that is the short of it.

Felt pretty good to find him.
    Felt better to watch him walk into prison...Twice!!!!!!:rockwoot:

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Males of Scottish descent are automatically nick named Mac.
    45 would be my favorite caliber.
    Screen name on pretty much every forum I'm on.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    To make it short and simple.
    Riding home on my Sportster, Got caught in middle of Massive Thunderstorm that turned into a tornado, refused to stop and race home.
    Made it home, told the story and the name stuck.
    Funny thing is afew years later a book series came out with the same name.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I read something on the internet about how hillbillies were buying lots of guns and throwing fits about their constitutional rights around 2008. The author disparagingly referred to this phenomenon as "The Bubba Effect". While reading this article, I realized the author was talking about me. Rather than shy from the appellation, I chose to embrace it.
    Scary how accurate people can be without ever meeting you.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have always like the looks and firepower of the A-10 Warthog. Never flown one but I have seen them in action practicing while in Tucson. IT'S AWESOME and so I decided I would pay homage to it by using Warthog as a screen name where ever I sign up for a forum.

Top Bottom