• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The "GNR" is because of an online gaming group my friends and I had back in the day - Game Night Rangers...
    I always thought it had something to do with

th

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Late to the party.

It's my password for my bank.

To know where you're going you have to know where you're starting from. It's a calibration term that would come up when I fired up the NMR rig at work. I liked it. I'm still trying to find my Z zero. Whan I do, watch out!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    ^^^^ Me too. But after my growing up years, my brain is pre-programmed to see all GNR as related to the band. Just like I see "Glock" when the word is clock.

Edit: dangit. That was meant to respond to JG's post. Findinghimself jumped in before I could finish.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I told you what it stood for, I'd have to kill 'ya.

The end, though, changes occasionally. Was just 7, then became 7R. All has a meaning. My password is very similarly complex... containing multiple words and phrases that have stuck with me for years.

But, my first Internet username back when I got my first computer was "Gamepro"... mostly "Gamepro777". Obviously was a big gamer. Got started on Starcraft, Medal of Honor, Counter Strike. Was in some leagues.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ^^^^ Me too. But after my growing up years, my brain is pre-programmed to see all GNR as related to the band. Just like I see "Glock" when the word is clock.

Edit: dangit. That was meant to respond to JG's post. Findinghimself jumped in before I could finish.

ya snooz yalose......

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I am pretty big into mustangs and had gotten the nickname Steeda over the years because of my various mustangs I have owned. Then one night I was at a buddies house and he was playing Counter Strike on his computer and asked if I wanted to give it a try. It looked interesting and I liked the fact that it was a Fist Person Shooter game with other people on the internet. Well needless to say I was terrible. So terrible in fact that my buddy said that I was lowering his rank and needed to use my own name. He asked what I wanted my name to be and I had no clue. Per his suggestion we went with Steeda. Well when he changed the name he used 3's instead of E's. I asked him why and he said it was "leet speak" and a lot of gamers do it. I just went with it and it stuck.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    When our first grandson was a toddler, it was too much trouble to tell his mom and dad "I want to go to grandpa Ric and grandma D's house" so he shortened it to D-Ric's house so we figured with the whole "one flesh" thing it kind of stuck.
    And 902 is our anniversary

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When our first grandson was a toddler, it was too much trouble to tell his mom and dad "I want to go to grandpa Ric and grandma D's house" so he shortened it to D-Ric's house so we figured with the whole "one flesh" thing it kind of stuck.
    And 902 is our anniversary

902? You've been married for over 1100 years?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Have gone by Saxon since a crazy early age (family roots back to the saxon hords, somehow ended up with that nick-name in middle school). Got ordained a few years back and went by Rev for a while, neither was unique enough for an aim address, so combined my two nick-names and have been going by it ever since.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My user name is simply the result of my lack of imagination at the time. gungirl because I am a girl with guns and 65 being my birth year. I hate coming up with usernames and passwords. I have to keep them simple so I can remember them.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Mine was actually a typo. It was supposed to be 1851navy because I love the gun, but I hit 6 instead of 5. Registered and noticed it 4 days later, and kept it 'cuz I thought it had a nice ring to it.

Read through the whole thread, interesting to see how some people came up with their screen name.

Top Bottom