How do find out about firearm registraion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I had a friend, still have the same friend, but at the time he thought he was going through a "friendly" divorce. I tried my best to get him to hire an attorney. He said no it is not necessary, they are getting along, (I said, HUMMMMM, Your getting along but getting divorced?) he insisted that he did not need an attorney, she did not either. They were doing their own documents, going to court together without an attorney and it would be solved easily.

He shows up at court alone, by himself, It didn't end that day*** She shows up and has one of the best attorneys there is maybe, All he could say for months was WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Get an attorney....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also - be sure that you have an ACCURATE INVENTORY - including "replacement value" of your property.

Because, if they're suddenly "not there"...then your side of the story will want to know that your property has been disposed of and now you're owed for it. Or something like that, I think.

Best to you.

Also - quit posting about this.

-J-

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I think you're fine to post about it as long as you stick to only facts and not interject with your personal opinions. Name calling is always asking for trouble, same with accusations that are unproven. The parties involved may be reading these posts right now.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think you're fine to post about it as long as you stick to only facts and not interject with your personal opinions.

The best way to avoid stepping on a landmine is not to attempt to navigate the minefield but to not traverse it at all.

bocZuSm.jpg

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The cheapest way out of any divorce is to hire the very best attorney you can find, if you think you can't afford him/her, think again ~ cause you can't afford not to hire him! In 90 + % of the divorces, the "high priced" top attorney will save you twice (or more) than you pay him. Another thing, keep WRITTEN records (a diary) of any harassment, threats, other issues with a short version of what happened, including date and time! A written record carries a lot more weight than statements made from memory. Everyone here is correct, don't make ANY statements here or anywhere on the internet as these may be used against you in ways you can't foresee! Good Luck ~ many of us have been there, done that - for me it was near 50 years ago ~ but I ended up with my children!

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Protective order, eh? Anyone offering odds on if he is legally able to have possession of any firearm by the end of this?
    I am allowed to have firearms, the protective order was dismissed. The question is whether I will see any of mine again. It took 3 months for me to get in front of a judge and tell my side. Honestly I am not worried about this thread, there are significantly larger issues to deal with.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    IANAL, but I did go through a divorce. I believe that, absent a prenup stating otherwise, ALL property (including that brought into the marriage) is marital property. ie. you both own it and it is part of your combined estate. The best thing you can do is find a COMPETENT divorce attorney. I am speaking from the position of been there, done that. Best of luck, and remember to ALWAYS keep your cool, or you can get sucked into a trap that is set for you.
    This is generally not true.

What pre-exists the marriage is usually considered non-marital property. If it is used as marital property, then the court gets to decide whether it is or is not, and if so, how to divide it. Even after the marriage is executed, there are some cases for asset acquisition that preclude it from becoming marital property, particularly in the cases of inheritances or legal judgments.

That said, this is a starting point, not necessarily the end point.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    This is an case study in why you should keep a document with the serial numbers, as well as a photo of all of your guns and other valuables. Its something like proof that you actually owned item 'X'.

A password protected Xcell spreadsheet on your phone, and a private file on your photobucket acount would do nicely, and require no actual time or monetary investment.

pyoyo915

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2014
    Muncie
    This is an case study in why you should keep a document with the serial numbers, as well as a photo of all of your guns and other valuables. Its something like proof that you actually owned item 'X'.

A password protected Xcell spreadsheet on your phone, and a private file on your photobucket acount would do nicely, and require no actual time or monetary investment.
    Along with this I go a step further and have an itemized list stored in my fireproof safe.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What if she steals the safe?

OR what if the safe gets hot enough to combust the paper? OR if something gets hot and melts all over it?

I'm all for keeping a copy in the safe - but it should just be one of many copies.

A few attachments in an email sent to yourself at a few different email addresses would also be quite handy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    OR what if the safe gets hot enough to combust the paper? OR if something gets hot and melts all over it?

I'm all for keeping a copy in the safe - but it should just be one of many copies.

A few attachments in an email sent to yourself at a few different email addresses would also be quite handy.

In the I.T. world, we call that "redundant off-site backups". :thumbsup:

Top Bottom