• ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Credit card style LTCH

I have heard they are going to issue credit card style LTCH to us, is there any truth to this or just BS ? Has anyone any knowledge of this or are we stuck with the pink paper ones we have now ?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have heard they are going to issue credit card style LTCH to us, is there any truth to this or just BS ? Has anyone any knowledge of this or are we stuck with the pink paper ones we have now ?

They are real and they are awesome!

My pink paper ltch just got destroyed even though I laminated it. The new one is much, much, much improved.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Chez is the first one to post up a picture of them that I know of. It's post #72 in this thread since the merger.

gncssxsrsrsshylmnrvd.jpg

Last edited:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Hurry up and get yours. I hear on INGO that they are going to discontinue the lifetime LTCH.

:rolleyes:

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm glad this thread popped back up, since I completely forgot about the new cards (even though someone told me about them a few weeks ago). I just filed for a duplicate to be sent. Totally worth $20 to get a proper card.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Sorry that I didn't come to update this yesterday but I was busy. I applied for my duplicate on the afternoon/evening of Wednesday April 22 and received my new license yesterday in the mail on the 28th so within 6 days I had my duplicate in hand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems they've gotten most of the kinks worked out and things seem to be going smoother.

I still think it's silly to have to have my fingerprints taken again when renewing. At least I have the lifetime expiry now.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Funny I just tried the link. It even worked for me and I no longer live in Indiana yet it still shows being valid with my Tennessee address. I thought it would no longer be valid due to non residency?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Funny I just tried the link. It even worked for me and I no longer live in Indiana yet it still shows being valid with my Tennessee address. I thought it would no longer be valid due to non residency?

If it's a lifetime then it's still valid. You need to let them know you moved and they will put it in an "inactive" status. If/when you move back call them again and they will reactivate it again. At least that's my understanding of the process.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I just saw my friends new plastic license to carry. IMO it isn't that impressive nor is it worth the extra money. I'll stick to my 4 copies of original license that are laminated.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If it's a lifetime then it's still valid. You need to let them know you moved and they will put it in an "inactive" status. If/when you move back call them again and they will reactivate it again. At least that's my understanding of the process.

Guessing when I changed my address is what precipitated the change of address in the system. But I thought the Indiana ltchg would no longer be valid? Guess it really doesn't matter as my Tennessee HCP Is recognized in a lot more States.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Took two months to get mine with an address change.

I applied using the "new online tool" this past March for a change of address and a duplicate card. The change of address seemed to take about 48 hours, and I received my card in a little less than three weeks.

It looks like there may be some ebb and flow to the processing times...

Top Bottom