• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I recently bought a handgun from a friend. I want to start carrying it but it is not registered in my name. What do I need to do?
    Well, first you have to move to California or someplace like that. Then you can register your guns with their local enforcers. Here in Indiana all you need to do is nothing. We don't have gun registration here.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    I recently bought a handgun from a friend. I want to start carrying it but it is not registered in my name. What do I need to do?

Since you asked this question, I'll assume you don't have your LTCH so don't start "carrying it" yet! Read up on the IN laws first. This forum can be a good source of information.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I have my gun in my name. I'm Clint Glock19 Cloys. It wasn't too hard to do.:dunno:

Seriously to the OP, everyone above me is right in their statments.

P.S. I'm thinking about changing to Clint Cloys G19, you know, to sound more prestigious, like adding ESQ to the end. Whadda ya think?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    P.S. I'm thinking about changing to Clint Cloys G19, you know, to sound more prestigious, like adding ESQ to the end. Whadda ya think?
    Just be ready for G23 owners to look down on your inferior class.

We don't have registration, we don't like registration we don't want registration. I understand you're looking to do the right thing and that's commendable, so I'd recommend taking a look at the following resources and doing your own research on the laws so you know what you can and cannot do and what you need to do and what you don't have to do. Also check out the training forum on here and enhance your knowledge further in that realm as well.

Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf

Tactics and Training - INGunOwners

There are also many books on the topic of carry, both in general terms and in Indiana specific.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    registered

There is no registry in Indiana. You can go to a FFL dealer with the person who sold it to you and do a dealer transfer. Most of the time the dealer will charge for it.

Top Bottom