• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No, that wasn't it.
    It was something about a particular type of ammo maybe blowing up in your face.
    Something about a steel core or something. I can't recall.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Any reason why you don't just shoot them? Then just yank the bullet on those that don't fire?

Funny, I was just thinking about this while loading a bucket of 308 ammo tonight. If I don't wake up in the morning, I want the kids to know that what they find on the shelf is perfectly safe to shoot.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Any reason why you don't just shoot them? Then just yank the bullet on those that don't fire?

Funny, I was just thinking about this while loading a bucket of 308 ammo tonight. If I don't wake up in the morning, I want the kids to know that what they find on the shelf is perfectly safe to shoot.

10 ring.

Much easier to "de prime" that way.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    No, that wasn't it.

Well about the only small caliber bullet I can think of I would not use a hammer puller on would be a 50 BMG spotter tracer round. They have a red and yellow paint ring on the bullet nose. Some of those rounds have a large primer pressed in the nose of the bullet so when it hits it makes sure the spotter charge ignites.. Then that found it was not nessessery to have the primer. When those rounds are pulled a collet puller was used. Other than that I can't think of any bullet I would not pull with a Wacker. There might be, but I have never heard of one you can't.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    No, that wasn't it.

Wasn't that some of the imported like .308 or maybe 30/06 that was mislabeled and was incendiary loads or something? i remember reading about it last year.

Top Bottom