How do I send a private message to a user?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LBW1943

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2023
    Carmel, Indiana 46033
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, I was reading the classified rules and saw that if your not sure about something you should pm a mod to ask. I tried doing so but when I click on the mods profile I don't see any option to message or start a conversation. I'd appreciate the details on how to go about starting a private conversation! Thanks!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, I was reading the classified rules and saw that if your not sure about something you should pm a mod to ask. I tried doing so but when I click on the mods profile I don't see any option to message or start a conversation. I'd appreciate the details on how to go about starting a private conversation! Thanks!
    You need to have 50 quality post or be a site supporter to send PM's ( start conversation) or to buy and sell in the classifieds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you read the classified rules, you should have seen that you need to have at least 50 quality posts (not just one-liners) or you can pony up $20 and become a site supporter. Welcome to INGO. I hope you choose to stay and participate. We're more than just a classifieds site. We're a forum first, with the classifieds as a perk for participating members.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Keep reading the rules:

In order to participate in the classifieds section, (post in the Market Place and use the conversation/PM system) you must have a quality post count of 50 or more
    Remember the classifieds are a PERK for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS. This is either by posting on a somewhat regular basis* outside of the classifieds or by becoming a Site Supporter.

LBW1943

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2023
    Carmel, Indiana 46033
    You need to have 50 quality post or be a site supporter to send PM's ( start conversation) or to buy and sell in the classifieds.

Thank you I knew about the classified rules, needing 50 post or becoming a supporter, but wasn't aware those same rules applied to being able to start private conversations.
    If you read the classified rules, you should have seen that you need to have at least 50 quality posts (not just one-liners) or you can pony up $20 and become a site supporter. Welcome to INGO. I hope you choose to stay and participate. We're more than just a classifieds site. We're a forum first, with the classifieds as a perk for participating members.
    Yes I was aware of that, my question here was how do I go about sending a pm but apparently I also need to meet the same requirements for doing that as well. Which makes sense, I plan to become a supporter regardless. Also I have been browsing the forums a bit! But I do admit my main attraction for the site was the local classified's as I have a pretty special firearm I want to sell and doing so locally would be very ideal!

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Maybe a better question would be:

Is the INGO system setup so Anyone (newbie's) can PM Staff to ask Questions ... or a Generic HELP account that Staff would check to see if anyone needed Help

I used to do Tech Support for a large Online Provider - and Support Accounts had special settings to bypass User Restrictions - biggest one being turning off Private Messaging - to be able to send them Links to answer their questions

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Thank you I knew about the classified rules, needing 50 post or becoming a supporter, but wasn't aware those same rules applied to being able to start private conversations.

Yes I was aware of that, my question here was how do I go about sending a pm but apparently I also need to meet the same requirements for doing that as well. Which makes sense, I plan to become a supporter regardless. Also I have been browsing the forums a bit! But I do admit my main attraction for the site was the local classified's as I have a pretty special firearm I want to sell and doing so locally would be very ideal!
    Don't be surprised if member here do not do business with you if you're only here for the classifieds. Many of us only do business things with people we feel we know and thats what the forum is for. We're a community first. Classifieds are around #7 on the list.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If it hasn't been done already it probably wouldn't hurt to change the language in the rules to reflect "start a conversation" instead of referencing "private message."

I could see how that could be confusing to a new user since we don't have PMs anymore.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Many have come for the classifieds, but stay for the conversations.

Some don't.

Reactions: Mij
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom