• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The other day I was cleaning up my guns and found the receipt from my first purchase. That was dated 10/8/11 for my first handgun a glock 23. It was then I realized since that date I have also purchased a Kel-Tec, wasr, and ar-15. When I was told shooting was addicting I never knew it could be so good/bad. I must say I love it more than I could have imagined.:ar15:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I agree that it is addicting. Luckily for me my wife likes to shoot as well. Also you will never find a better or friendlier group of people than out at the gun range. Where else will somebody to hand you something they have better than 1000 bucks invested in for you to try out. Great hobby and great people.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The other day I was cleaning up my guns and found the receipt from my first purchase. That was dated 10/8/11 for my first handgun a glock 23. It was then I realized since that date I have also purchased a Kel-Tec, wasr, and ar-15. When I was told shooting was addicting I never knew it could be so good/bad. I must say I love it more than I could have imagined.:ar15:

How to keep from buying so much? Hmm, I've had several months in a row that I bought 4 firearms in the same weekend. Also sounds like you've got a decent start to a collection. I still need to pick up an AK. I'll have 3 AR 15s built before I get around to picking up the AK. Maybe this summer, I do have 2 ARs to build and 1 to play with while waiting for sbr paperwork and a bit of a change up and some handguns I need to look into before this summer.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    For me, it seems like buying goes in stages. Started off with two pistols. The now edc and the plinker. From there, since I was shooting quite a bit, I was able to justify the ar15 as an all around do whatever gun that could evolve to its eventual purpose whatever that may be. From there it was the pocket pistol. And the shotgun. At this point, for me it will slow down quite a bit as my underbed locker is now full and can't afford a bigger safe. Purchases from here will be ammunition and accessories, as all my primary gun needs are met at this point.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welcome to my nightmare. I have always had guns but managed to control them to just my justified "Needs" such as carry, shotty and AK or AR. Since we sold off the race cars it has become an addiction and I love it. The rev limiter is my budget that is divided between new acquisitions, Ammo, SHTF supply's and another safe. All the safes are full so my craving is subdued but I am building a new piece as we speak. If we could put this monkey in a pill...
    Nice start on your collection.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So glad to see that I'm not the only one going through this, it's almost like ingo is a support group.:): I also have to agree that everyone that I've met in the gun community have been great to get to know.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    It's not much different than someone who gets hooked on tattoos.
    For many gun enthusiasts, it's not enough to get or have the gun,
    you got to show and tell (hence, the popularity of INGO).

images

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm afraid I don't quite grasp this "keep from buying" concept of which you speak.
    The past couple of years it seems firearms are finding me!

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    There is not a day goes by that I don't find a gun in the classifieds that I have to have, or it is not unusual for me to have bids on 6 or 8 guns on Gunbroker. I probably put 10,000 miles on our car this year driving around the state buying or trading guns. I do have some control though, I don't buy a gun a day. 10 years ago, I bought on average at least one gun per week, I don't do that anymore, so it does get better. (Or worse, depending on how you look at it.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After keeping 75 guns i got into racing.I was better off before racing.

I still have one car that is 75% complete but the desire to run is gone after years and years. I will finish it this winter and let a friends son run it. He is a great kid and this will be a good experience for him. I miss it but near retirement and do not want to work that hard anymore. The guns hold value better than a race car of any kind.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

You realize, you basically just walked into a bar and asked how to stop drinking in this post right ;)? I don't think you are going to get good advice on how to cutback around here.

I think you meant to post in the INGO Anonymous forum
    :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Amen.

Hello. My name is -------, and I'm a gunaholic.

You realize, you basically just walked into a bar and asked how to stop drinking in this post right ;)? I don't think you are going to get good advice on how to cutback around here.

I think you meant to post in the INGO Anonymous forum
    :D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, I'm good, mostly. All I want is another P12 in case mine needs to go to evidence. Oh, and a PSL, maybe a couple of Mosins, been looking at that 7.62x54. Plus, I need some more AR parts to finish the lowers I'm building. Oh, and I'd like to get another .40, maybe a Glock. Don't have any Glocks yet, I need some of those. I have a few calibers of ammo, I could get different ones. And a bunch of mags for them. Need to have plenty of mags.

Scared yet? You've just jumped in with both feet.

Top Bottom