• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    My addiction started about two weeks before Christmas. Bought a pistol for my wife and a revolver for my self. The following week I bought a mosin 91/30, this last Friday it was back to the gun shop to put three more guns in layaway. The last 20 years I have only had two guns. Now I have five with another three on the way and at least another twenty that I want. Where will it end?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Its easy.

Are you a gun collector? or a shooter?

A shooter only needs a few guns. Then he works to master them.

A collector needs to ever expand his collection, because its the collecting thats the goal, not the advancement of skill.

If you are a collector, there is no REASON to limit yourself, so go bananas. If you are a shooter, it will be self limiting.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Sounds like you are in trouble or on the road to trouble and you want to circumvent your course. There is help, there is hope. You need accountability. Find a friend who is under control. Pr-determine how much your family can really afford to spend a year. Anything you spend over budgeted amount you have to match and give to your friend. I'll be your friend. lol. Self Control measures, never take a credit card to a show or shop. Set aside an extra cash envelope and put it in a special place and place a few bucks in it a week. That's what us po folks do. Either that or get into financial trouble which most responsible people do not want to do.

We are all blessed beyond measure and to own one firearm and a vehicle makes us wealthier than 90% of the worlds population.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have shot handguns for many years but Uncle Sam always provided the weapons and ammo. I retired in January of 06' and didn't realize how much I missed it until this year. I bought MY first handgun the first week of June 11'. I am divorced and live alone so I have no one to second guess my spending. I have puchased or traded for 23 different handguns since then. Two of them I have owned twice. When I looked at the list I realized I need to get a grip. I am not rich or even well off but I work overtime when I can and I usually have to sell to buy. I have never had more than eight guns at one time and no less than three. I keep looking for those elusive "perfect" guns and my EDC has changed so many times it isn't funny. I know the drawbacks and dangers of changing carry guns so often but I keep thinking I have finally found the one I am going to settle on and then something changes or I find something I don't particularly care for in the gun I have and voila! I sell or trade and get something else. I usually go to the range once or twice a week. I usually have something new I am going to try and also shoot my current carry gun. I have learned quite a few hard lessons in buying and trading and have paid for my mistakes. But it is addictive. I really am slowing down though. Of the five I currently own (going boating on Lake Michigan tomorrow) three are "keepers". I write this to tell you it can get worse and also to allow you to say "well, at least I am not as crazy as that (insert your depracatory expletive here)!!! So go forth and conquer and enjoy. I certainly have and will continue to do so.
    Regards,
    BA

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Wow this thread is great but it sounds like $ is not an issue for all you folks. Is there a forum for folks on a budget...lol that is where I belong. If I took all the advise here I would end up divorced and riding my 357 back and forth to my minimum wage job. I cannot go bananas I have real bills and a real family to provide for, but for those of you who can, it sure sounds like fun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Think of it less as an addiction and more of a public service. Everyone knows that lead can be bad for your health, so the best thing to do with it is to bury it. The easiest way and safest way to bury lead is to encase it in copper and forcefully inject it into the ground. A firearm makes that so much easier as it can inject hundreds of nicely encased lead slugs into a berm in no time at all.

You are not suffering from an addiction, you are doing the world a favor by putting as much lead into the berms as possible. We regular shooters should get some kind of medal for our selfless dedication to putting so much of that toxic lead back in the ground. We are just a giving kind of people I guess :)

Top Bottom