• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Just throwing this out there as I googled it and found some interesting stuff.

I say we go to a bio-metric based voting system. The technology already exist. I'm not talking chips in your hand or arm. I'm talking fingerprints. If you search you will find that this already exist, and in my opinion would cut the BS out of elections. Vote in person, with fingerprint. Absentee, still use fingerprint, which can be scanned.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm in the no-tech camp.

Vote on paper/cards, preferably human readable.
    Thumb (or finger) in the indelible ink well at the time of voting on election day/week.

Seems to work just fine for many other locations in the world.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anything computer based can be hacked. Anything.

Physical paper. Physical ink. In person.

If y'all want to skin fingerprints after, fine. But, count by hand, by both parties, and overseen by third party, in public.

Put Chick-fil-A in charge of the precincts, and we'll all have voted before lunchtime.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I say we go to a bio-metric based voting system. The technology already exist. I'm not talking chips in your hand or arm. I'm talking fingerprints. If you search you will find that this already exist, and in my opinion would cut the BS out of elections. Vote in person, with fingerprint. Absentee, still use fingerprint, which can be scanned.
    You are under the assumption that the powers that be want to fix it.. If they did their job and solved problems then we wouldn't need them anymore. If they waste their time on foolish gestures then they will have jobs (with very good pay and benefits) forever.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm not sure this is an "election technology" problem. Purely tech problems are easy to solve, when the tech becomes available.

I think this is a human "between the ears" problem. And those are mighty tough to fix.

"Everyone's vote must count." No...not if it means stuffing ballots into the hands of illegal, uninterested, or dead people, it doesn't. It's just like the belief that anybody from anywhere has a right to immigrate to America.

I think until we fix that poorly-thought-out idea, the technical problems are going to keep evading us.

The Left views any attempt to technologically improve the legitimacy of voting the same as they view building an immigration wall. The technology will never "work," for them, because they don't believe in the idea behind it.

As we have seen, all it takes is 1 or 2 counties failing to adopt technology, to tip the political balance of a nation. As much as I hate to say it, unless we get the correct concepts established at a high (meaning Federal) level, and cram it by force down the throats of every voting precinct in the land, we're going to keep getting this.

This is one of those cases where the Reason.com and National Review canards about letting things be solved at the lowest level, probably won't work. A small number of localities may come up with super-innovative ideas for how to make voting better. But until we win that "mind" battle at the Federal court level, and force everyone to _use_ that technology, it won't matter.

To state it more clearly: with a half-day of work, I could take a map of the USA, and place red dots on the 3 counties in each state that will be the last to report their results.

As long as there is a "DeKalb county" in America still using an abacus - the Democrats will find that county - laager their wagons around it - and make sure all battles end there.

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'll echo what's been said above. It's not about "fixing" the elections to represent the will of the people. It's about "fixing" the politicians who only use flaws and loopholes to solidify their power.
    We don't have a representative government any more. We're ruled by a separate power class now, and that won't change until that class is eliminated>
    I don't mean to assassinate anyone, just in case the FBI is watching. I just mean we have to eliminate the corruption, so that the term "public servant" is more literal than what we have now. Public servants now make millions on the influence they hold. That must change if we're to have any progress.

Last edited:

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

My friend from Kenya said they dip your finger in ink after voting. He said you would have to cut your finger off to get rid of the ink, it just stays on for awhile. They have the voting system just as they want it here, and now they get to choose the winners without much of a fight.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Other than military I couldn't agree more. People manage to get their groceries and you are required to have an ID to use the library, get cigarettes and alcohol so there's NO reason not to show up in person to vote.
    Absentee voting is not the problem as it’s generally administered.

It’s this unsolicited mail in ballot crap that needs to stop.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

The problem with ANYTHING digital is it can be altered, monitored etc.. there is no such thing as safe digital transmission of any kind... especially with Google and Intel on the verge of producing viable quantum computers (Google has already built one but its not practical) once quantum computing is a viable reality there will literally be no encryption that cannot be cracked in a matter of seconds leaving ALL data,.biometric or otherwise vulnerable.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You are under the assumption that the powers that be want to fix it.. If they did their job and solved problems then we wouldn't need them anymore. If they waste their time on foolish gestures then they will have jobs (with very good pay and benefits) forever.
    This is an incredibly high concentration of truth per printed character.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I can't remember if it was an NPR podcast I listened to or something AOC said recently, but they are now treating "lack of access to voting" like "lack of access to food/housing" and want it to be as easy (and open to fraud) as possible.

How do we fix it? Really tough since it is a state issue not federal. If states can sort this out, perhaps they could sort out other things and stop turning to the feds. Problem there is, some states don't want it "fixed".

So back to how we fix it? Raise a generation that honors and values truth and votes accordingly and builds systems that reflect it. That's the tough part.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You're right.
    Our system of government will work only if the people are honest and moral. Those who are willing to do unto others that which they would not want done to themselves will always find a way to cheat and steal.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're right.
    Our system of government will work only if the people are honest and moral. Those who are willing to do unto others that which they would not want done to themselves will always find a way to cheat and steal.
    And yet, I've been told in other threads that honesty and morality is outmoded and we need to take the low road.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The problem with ANYTHING digital is it can be altered, monitored etc.. there is no such thing as safe digital transmission of any kind... especially with Google and Intel on the verge of producing viable quantum computers (Google has already built one but its not practical) once quantum computing is a viable reality there will literally be no encryption that cannot be cracked in a matter of seconds leaving ALL data,.biometric or otherwise vulnerable.

Yeah, no computer system can be perfectly secure, yet we all consider it secure enough for a myriad of critical uses.

And there's a 1/3 of the country that believes that tried-and-true paper ballots aren't secure.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Yeah, no computer system can be perfectly secure, yet we all consider it secure enough for a myriad of critical uses.

And there's a 1/3 of the country that believes that tried-and-true paper ballots aren't secure.
    Yeah, there is a answer but the dishonest people will fight tooth and nail to stop it. Heck we had states violate their own constitution just to make sure Obiden had the votes..

Top Bottom