How do you carry your handgun while in a car?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I use Don Hume H720 OT for all my pistols besides the LAR Grizzly mark 1.
    Comfortable, durable good price. Had a local leathersmith make a copy to fit the LAR. Same carry position, same draw angle makes switching weapons easy. Oh yeah all paddle holsters at 3/3:30.

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It depends on the time of the year, spring, summer, early fall, fanny pack or Maxpedition shoulder bag. Winter, shoulder rig, or just drop it in the back pocket of my bibs.. I can carry a Sig P245, Beretta 84, or just about any small to medium weapon in that back pocket.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    it depends on if im alone or not, if im alone it sits in the seat next to me, or if i have my shoulder rig on it doesnt matter. if i have the kids with me, i stick it between the seat and the console

reeseg45

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    p220 with small of back holster I thought it wouldn't be comfortable but it surprised me i just slide it a little when i get seated and go.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I carry under the seat of my truck and car. I have a leather holster for a Glock 21 zip tied under the drivers seat in my work car and a holster for an XD40 zip tied under the drivers seat of my truck. I carry an XD40SC in a Kholster that I leave in the holster for short trips or take it out and lay in inder my left thigh pointing forward if I am going to be in the car for more than 15 minutes.

The firearms under the seat are off the floor, but I stick a bath towel in front of them in the winter to keep the melted snow from reaching them. I kike this setup best because I use my consles for GPS, Phone Accessories, surelights etc. Extra Mags are in the side door.

vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I place mine between the seat and center console or in the center consold depending on what gun I have.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Sig 226 owb I usually just slide it around on my belt until I find the right spot for sitting in the car. If im going someplace that I cant carry(work) its inbetween the seat and console.

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Martinsville
    I carry a glock 26 in my waistband with no holster almost everywhere I go. If it is not there, it is wedged between the console and passenger seat with the handle exposed. I always figured if my car was approached, it would be on the drivers side. With my piece on the opposite side of the console, they would not see it while approaching me. I have never been a fan of having it inside the console. I think in a situation where someone was already close to your vehicle, the console would be require to much movement and time.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    also carry a g27. either in a paddle holster or fanny pack depends on where and what i'm gonna do. then lay it on the passenger seat next to me, or put it on the back floor if i dont want to cc when i leave the vehicle. :popcorn:

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I usually just leave it IWB in the 3:00 position, but it has occurred to me that this could be some what difficult to get out in a situation do to the center console. I am considering placing it in the center console during long trips for slightly more comfort and easy access.

Top Bottom