• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mom will shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Just wondering how the ladies on here carry. I'm playing around with different ways of carrying concealed. Since it is a brand new gun, I am just wearing it around the house right now, until I get more familiar with it and put some ammo through it.

So here's what I have come up with. I'd love to see how you ladies carry too!

006.jpg
    007.jpg
    011-1.jpg

And the short sleeved sweater because it may show a little depending on how I bend or whatnot, so backup concealment. -A tip I got from Limalife's videos.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    18-1145-IMG1.jpeg

Typically this for the Glock 26 or 21. I wear it on the belt OWB, but I believe there's a paddle attachment as well. Not the best option for concealment, admittedly, but I don't try to stay concealed so it's not an issue for me.

My son would love your tatoo, btw. Very cool. He's so into tanks and "zooka guys."

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    I have a Don Hume inside-the-belt style holster for my CCW. I clip it in front just to the left of my belt buckle, and as long as I don't wear a tight t-shirt, you can't tell that I'm carrying.

Mom will shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I clip it in front just to the left of my belt buckle.

When I sit down, the gun digs into my thigh. Does that happen to you too? Other than that, I think I like wearing it there.

Going for a cross-draw feels best for me, but I know I won't be able to pull that off as I get further into this pregnancy. So I guess I should try and get used to strong-side carry, which is how I have it in the pictures.

I can't add anything, but the tank tat is hott. :rockwoot:

Thanks! I've had it for about 4 years now. There are more, but we'll have to save that for a different thread. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    When I sit down, the gun digs into my thigh. Does that happen to you too? Other than that, I think I like wearing it there.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll pipe up and say that, yes, it happens. It's one of the reasons I don't like IWB carry. The only comfortable place is just in front of the hip, but that leaves the longer barreled firearms poking ya when ya sit. OWB lets me put it more on the hip (or in front if I'm really trying to conceal and know I won't have to sit down much).

Mom will shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Mostly, like this. With a vest or cover shirt tossed over it. Sometimes in a pinch (lately), I just pull the bottom of my shirt over it.

Is that directly on your hip? Or just past it? I can't remember from our previous conversations. And do you have problems with the handle poking out?

I think a lot of my problem is that I know its there, so I look for it. I don't think most people would see it poking out as clearly as I do, when I'm wearing it. I know my husband says he can't tell, but I sure can!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Is that directly on your hip? Or just past it? I can't remember from our previous conversations. And do you have problems with the handle poking out?

I think a lot of my problem is that I know its there, so I look for it. I don't think most people would see it poking out as clearly as I do, when I'm wearing it. I know my husband says he can't tell, but I sure can!

That 1911 rides right at three O'clock (or sometimes just a smidgen behind, depending on where the belt loops of ThePantsOfTheDay are located).
    The grip sticks out if I'm leaning forward while sitting, or squatting to pull something off a bottom grocery shelf.
    At first, I was completely paranoid about it...but years of never having anyone look twice have taught me that the general population is oblivious. Or maybe just doesn't care...
    Either way, win/win. :)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I think it is fine with just the shirt...I would be a little wary of adding the black over garment. Seems like it would be one more thing to get out of the way:dunno: in case of emergency. The important thing is to do what is comfortable for you. :yesway::yesway: for carrying.

But I am a guy and probably shouldn't be posting here either. :D

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010

Going for a cross-draw feels best for me, but I know I won't be able to pull that off as I get further into this pregnancy. So I guess I should try and get used to strong-side carry, which is how I have it in the pictures.

I haven't had a problem with it digging, but I can feel it on my thigh when I sit down. It's not uncomfortable though. If the barrel of my firearm were any longer I could see it being a problem.

I also wear for a cross-draw for now. I can shift my holster to the small of my back and wear it outside the belt if I want and still have an easy draw, so it's versatile.

Mom will shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    NE Indiana
    that the general population is oblivious.

Yeah you're right about that! My husband doesn't even notice... but that's a man for you :rolleyes:

What kind of holster is that? My wife is looking around for different varieties for her CW9.

Its a cheapy I got at the gun show. It doesn't have a brand name, logo, or anything on it. But I can tell you that it is well made. The guy said it would outlast leather. It can go left or right handed (belt loops on both sides). And it will fit pretty much any medium sized gun. Our G19 fits in it too. I'm trying to find something better, but its great for now.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Its a cheapy I got at the gun show. It doesn't have a brand name, logo, or anything on it. But I can tell you that it is well made. The guy said it would outlast leather. It can go left or right handed (belt loops on both sides). And it will fit pretty much any medium sized gun. Our G19 fits in it too. I'm trying to find something better, but its great for now.

Have you seen this one? I believe Kahr say the CW9 shares holsters with the p9 series.?

Kahrholster.jpg

Top Bottom