• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wahlspyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    I keep reading about people pocket carrying all sorts of firearms and my question is "how?" I am 5'6" and a solid 190 lbs and even pocket carrying my Kel-tec .32acp makes me look like a mutant - and that is in a pair of heavy weight carpenter jeans with big pockets. Do i need to change holsters (yes - I bought a cheap Uncle Mike's holster to try) or give up pocket carry? I like the idea and ease of throwing a pistol in my pocket every time I leave the house but hate looking like I have a massive tumor sprouting out of my thigh. Winter is easy - P11 or AMT .45 Back-up hides easily under my sweatshirt in appendix carry. Help.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    hmm... that presents an odd challenge. try getting a thicker wallet and putting it in your opposite hip pocket to balance out the look.

or jsut OC on your hip like a bad***.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Seems you're using your front pocket. I think most people just the back pocket, like carrying a wallet. I tried this with a friends keltec .380 and it worked just fine.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    G 27

Glock 27 in front pocket of Carhartt carpenters jeans (since I am a carpenter). I carry it in a Uncle Mikes #4 pocket holster. I also carry a lot of small tools etc. in the other pockets so the print which does not look like a pistol any way does not look at all out of place. No one has yet spotted my gun in over 6 months of daily carry. I am 5'8" tall and weigh 195 lbs. so I am of a similar size and weight. I do have pic's of the gun and holster but none of it actually in my pocket, however even with Pearce+1 extensions it fits entirely inside the pocket and is not visible. I have found that only the Cahartt carpenter jeans have a pocket mouth wide enough to allow a normal grip while in the pocket and a rapid draw. :)

MYGlock27VJH017.jpg
    MyGlock27inUncleMikes4pocketholster.jpg

PS: I have on numerous occasions had my brother and or brother in law that are both LEO's with over thirty years each on the job ask if I was carrying, since they know that I do, but were not able to tell whether or not I had the gun in my pocket.

Last edited:

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i'm 5'11", 177 lbs and i can conceal a full size Beretta 92fs pretty well with my Crossbreed Supertuck at 3-4 o'clock. the holster makes a big difference. if you're not wearing your shirt untucked, that could be a problem too.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    i'm surprised you're having trouble concealing the keltec in your pocket. I have the LCP and i carry in my front pocket daily with levi's jeans and you can see a slight bulge, but nothing that suggests its a gun. I have noticed that if you look straight down at the bulge it seems to stick out a lot further than someone sitting across from you would see. I use a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I'm same weight maybe 2 inches taller.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I keep reading about people pocket carrying all sorts of firearms and my question is "how?" I am 5'6" and a solid 190 lbs and even pocket carrying my Kel-tec .32acp makes me look like a mutant - and that is in a pair of heavy weight carpenter jeans with big pockets. Do i need to change holsters (yes - I bought a cheap Uncle Mike's holster to try) or give up pocket carry? I like the idea and ease of throwing a pistol in my pocket every time I leave the house but hate looking like I have a massive tumor sprouting out of my thigh. Winter is easy - P11 or AMT .45 Back-up hides easily under my sweatshirt in appendix carry. Help.

I feel ya, I'm 5'8" 155lbs. I carry an LCP in a fobus holster and let my shirt fall over it. It's so small the bulge looks like a cell phone or pda on my hip is anyone notices at all. I've carried a glosk 27 in a crossbread supertuck. And a Sig 226 in a fobus holster with a light jacket. It's all about different holsters for different guns and different "outfits" It's like women and shoes.

Edit: Another thing to consider is if you are new to carrying, you may be a little too self concious. What looks llike a huge bulge to you may go completely unnoticed by anyone else. And a bulge in your front pocket may work in your advantage in a few situations...

hoosierjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Mishawaka
    In warm weather, its usually a S&W J-frame 442 in a kydex pocket holster in strong side front pocket or cargo pocket. I never had any problems. 6'3", 225#

Top Bottom