• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I'll be moving back to Texas soon. When I lived there previously, I didn't carry. Since I only started to carry in Indiana, when I do conceal, I'm not worried about printing or having my shirt slide up. So, how do you conceal and keep it concealed?

Here's what I usually carry:
    Ruger LCP (this one is kinda easy, but I'm not a big fan of the gun):
    Pocket Holster (works well in upper pants pockets; gun comes out of holster in cargo pocket)
    Galco Stow-n-go (I stopped carrying this because if it catches the back of a chair, the gun with holster have fallen off) Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Springfield XD45 4" barrel (this is the one I prefer carrying):
    Springfield OWB Belt holster (can't see this working well for CC)
    Don Hume IWB Clip holster, no thumb break (This holster is comfortable at the small of my back, but t-shirts and sweaters will easily ride over the grip when I stand up)

I'm open to new holsters and/or new carry position.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Forgot to mention, most of the time, my shirt is tucked in for work. Although I won't carry at work, I will carry when I have errands to run on my way to/from. Weekends it's more likely to be untucked.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It depends on what you're comfortable with, what you're going to be doing that day, your build, etc.

I carry at about the 5:30-6:00 position because it's really the only place I can conceal well. Most don't recommend it, but it works for me.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have 2 carry guns. Depending on what I'm doing and the weather determines which one I carry.

Glock 19 in a Comp-TAC MTAC.
    Glock 26 in a Comp-TAC MTAC.

The Comp-TAC MTAC is tuckable, so you can tuck your shirt right over the holster.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    If my LTCH ever gets here....I have 2 crossbreed holsters to use. They both work really well for my SR9c or Springfield 1911. I feel comfortable that either one doesn't show just wearing a normal t-shirt.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    One option is looking into an appendix carry holster, but it really depends on your body and what you're comfortable with.

Personally I use a Comp-Tac MTAC at 8:00 (lefty). It can be adjusted to ride low, which aids conceal-ability, but makes the draw a little more difficult.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    A change in wardrobe may be in order. I carry OWB with a Raven Phantom at my 3-4 O'clock area. A good belt and a good holster does wonders for you. I haven't tucked my shirt in since my wedding day 12 years ago so I don't tend to worry too much about that but there are nice dress shirts and/or t-shirts in the Tall sizes that are the way to go. That way you don't look like you are wearing clothing 2 sizes too big.

Biggest thing about carrying is don't act like you are carrying. Don't tug on your shirt, touch it to make sure it's there or constantly look down to make sure it's covered. Most people barely notice anything beyond their smart phone when out in public so not drawing attention to yourself by fidgeting will go long ways, too. Good shirts, good belt and good holster are musts!

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Good advice. I didn't realize that there are holsters that let you tuck your shirt in over the gun. I guess no one notices the small clips (and even if they did, that wouldn't be against the law).

I've heard for that much surface area against the skin, the horsehide should be more comfortable. Any experiences with the differences?

I do have a tendency to seat the firearm everytime I stand up or bend. I think it's cause I'm scare of it hitting the floor like I had with the LCP in the Galco holster. two hooks will probably make me feel more comfortable.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    When I have to wear dress pants, I've found it easy to pocket carry. The front pockets are usually bigger than they are in jeans, and with a good pocket holster, it patterns like a phone or wallet.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Good advice. I didn't realize that there are holsters that let you tuck your shirt in over the gun. I guess no one notices the small clips (and even if they did, that wouldn't be against the law).

I've heard for that much surface area against the skin, the horsehide should be more comfortable. Any experiences with the differences?

I do have a tendency to seat the firearm everytime I stand up or bend. I think it's cause I'm scare of it hitting the floor like I had with the LCP in the Galco holster. two hooks will probably make me feel more comfortable.
    With Crossbreed holsters you can use the velcro clips....you don't even see them. They connect to the back of the belt. Very effective! I would suggest that option for you.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    On days I decide to CC I carry my XDs in a Tagua IWB holster. It's simple, but comfortable. I carry at 3:00 as well. Even with more form fitting clothing, it simply melts away. I absolutely LOVE my XDs.

Top Bottom