• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The old 50 yard zero is your friend then. No real need to worry about + or - out to 225.

Generally speaking, I do two types of shooting. If I'm in the backyard, it's steel plates out to 300 yards with a 22lr. If I'm at a real range, I try to start around the 600 yard distance and confirm hits farther out. If I'm with a group of people doing drills it's inside of 50 yards because of the range restrictions because of our moving around. The 50 yard zero with a "point blank" range really doesn't do anything for me or what I hardly at all. I'm really not interested in shooting inside of 300 yards with a high power rifle, because it's just a big whooptie do.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Generally speaking, I do two types of shooting. If I'm in the backyard, it's steel plates out to 300 yards with a 22lr. If I'm at a real range, I try to start around the 600 yard distance and confirm hits farther out. If I'm with a group of people doing drills it's inside of 50 yards because of the range restrictions because of our moving around. The 50 yard zero with a "point blank" range really doesn't do anything for me or what I hardly at all. I'm really not interested in shooting inside of 300 yards with a high power rifle, because it's just a big whooptie do.

Then why do you want an acog? It's not a precision optic. I think you'd benefit from some carbine skills and drills courses, because there is a lot of fun and practical training to be had within even 25 yards with an AR.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Then why do you want an acog? It's not a precision optic. I think you'd benefit from some carbine skills and drills courses, because there is a lot of fun and practical training to be had within even 25 yards with an AR.

Agreed. I think you should be looking at 6x top side MINIMUM. If you want fast, and range, maybe the Trijicon 1-8 would be in your wheelhouse. If you only shoot 300 yards (speed is not an issue at 300) and beyond, for 2-10 etc.

Top Bottom